IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 08 Gsxr 1000 clutch
4/25/15, 2:57 PM   #11
Bear10

Always ran Rotella no problems... motor builders will tell u not to use synthetic... it is all about clutch adjustment 1/4 inch of play in handle and good to go... while the car is sitting on the floor in shop put it in gear obviously without the motor running and try and roll it then pull in the clutch and push it (it will push hard but still should roll ) whole pushing let out on the clutch. It should lock up tight... thats a good way to check

4/25/15, 4:46 PM   #12
jyoung8j

Yea I think the problem is in the free play in handle.. I've talked to my bud who builds 8 sec drag bikes and he said rotella is fine he uses it and the problem lays in adjustment.. I'm sure it's adjustment not whether clutch is getting correct oil

4/25/15, 6:16 PM   #13
Re: 08 Gsxr 1000 clutch
DAD

just put it in high gear with motor running>>>>>hold throttle at 2500 rpm>>>>ease out on clutch lever slowly>>>>>if it kills motor the clutch is ok>>>>if it slips the clutch is bad>>>>>

You would be surprised how far you can go with clutch adjusted improperly and slipping and then just by adjusting the clutch correctly it takes off and works properly again.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/25/15 at 6:46 PM.

4/25/15, 11:53 PM   #14
jyoung8j

Was worried about it being glazed Over...

4/26/15, 9:09 AM   #15
Re: 08 Gsxr 1000 clutch
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung8j View Post
Was worried about it being glazed Over...
The above is a pretty good check. Clutches do not glaze>>> the steel plates do get hot and warp and get hard spots in them. If the above test works after adjusting the cable>>> I would change oil and filter and give it another try.

Have you gone on line and downloaded a manual for your engine>>>a very good idea>>Then all you have to do is go back to the computer and print up the pages you need.

When all else fails reed the directions.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: jyoung8j
4/26/15, 9:51 AM   #16
jyoung8j

Ok I drained oil yest.. smelled yummy lol going mess with today I'll let u kno wht I find.. thx

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 08 Gsxr 1000 clutch