IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USSA Sprints a Vaughn family affair
4/25/15, 9:17 AM   #1
USSA Sprints a Vaughn family affair
USSA

When Brian Vaughn makes his 1st start as a Simpson World Indy Rookie in the Sprint Car Challenge Series Built by the UAW it will be a family affair. Brian is supported by his entire family and is racing in memory of his niece Jordyn M Vaughn.

The car is owned by Robert and Rebecca Vaughn. Gary Vaughn serves as the crew chief. The entire Vaughn family lives next to each other in Shirley, IN.

Gary Vaughn is a former stock car driver in the 70s. Gary is a retired diesel mechanic and avid Christian. The family’s cars are housed in his shop which gives him ample ability to build race cars with his grandson Gary Alan Vaughn (Robert’s son) Together Brian and Gary won multiple championships in quarter midgets and later on in naskarts.

Racing in the Pay Less Little 500 has always been their dream. With Gary providing the technical knowledge and Brian getting accustomed to the car they plan on attempting to qualify this year. Gary will also be building a dirt car that we hope to unveil later this year. The car owners Robert and Rebecca Vaughn say they choose to stay behind the scenes. Rebecca handles all of the public relations while Robert prefers to work at the shop. The family plans on racing the entire Sprint Car Challenge Series as well as a few winged shows.

5 members like this post: Indy1808, monkeyboy, racing2bwithu2, rpedersen20, sp6967
4/26/15, 8:13 AM   #2
Re: USSA Sprints a Vaughn family affair
sp6967

I have seen this guy in action in his younger days. I think he will be a force to deal with in the near future.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USSA Sprints a Vaughn family affair