IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
9/16/08, 12:21 PM   #171
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
jontheturboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqracer65 View Post
where are you talking about??
Tennessee

9/16/08, 12:31 PM   #172
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I don't think they race down there anymore we bought our rookie car down there, it was the points champ, everyone was selling their cars because the club had went down. This was in 98-99, I know alot of the cars went to florida from down there. Most of those guys we talked to were building stock cars.
That's too bad. It would be fun to race against the TN guys.

I was in FL a few weeks ago and hoped to catch a TQ race there but they only race every other week. We were there on an off week. Maybe next month, I'll be able to get back there.

If you know of anyone who has a TQ, they're welcome to join us on the 27th. It's a nonpoints race so we're opening up the specs to include other series.

Here's my email racing@jenmarco.com

9/16/08, 5:35 PM   #173
badcoupe

Ok I believe my brother will be there driving for Jim Berry. We are entertaining the idea of buying another midget over the winter as I miss them. However the modifieds pay a alot more and cost less to run a season, so we'll see.

9/16/08, 8:41 PM   #174
tqracer65

Is the feature going to be a special one maybe 30 or 50 laps to provide the fans more action?? Just wondering.
Brad Wilson #65

9/16/08, 8:55 PM   #175
davex

It appears half the field in the TQ races drop out every week during a standard normal 20 lap race. I think it would be a wise decision to stick with the normal 20 lap feature. JMO.

9/16/08, 9:19 PM   #176
tqracer65

yeah this is very true thats for sure. maybe if it was longer guys would use their head more because there sure are a lot of guys that make bad decisions sometimes but it happens. maybe a longer race will allow more cars to finish idk. its at least more laps which is more fun for the drivers!!!

9/16/08, 10:10 PM   #177
davex

I was referring to about half the field drops out due to mechanical problems. These are air cooled motorcycle engines, they aren't intended to run 50 lap TQ races how you guys run them. It is just hard on them. I think the car count would actually suffer if it is a long feature race.

9/16/08, 10:58 PM   #178
tqracer65

I have been around tqs my whole life and Ive saw many 50 lappers and the way its ran normally theres more cars finish than in the shorter ones. A lot of times its not engine trouble that gets guys either its other stuff that maybe was overlooked or just took a good beating one to many times. I have a tq and I would trust it without a doubt for a 50 lapper, if it blows oh well its going to happen sometime sooner or later right???
Brad Wilson #65

9/16/08, 11:16 PM   #179
Joey Woods

FYI, Bill is o.k. with you folks starting a new thread every now and then. :greenflag:

9/17/08, 8:12 AM   #180
bigmojo5

And, just what's wrong with this thread???
Jim Morrison

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming