Posted via Mobile Device

8/20/13, 9:06 AM   #2
Re: airbox
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana View Post
What is better stock air box or air filter assembly and what are the gains

Posted via Mobile Device
I guess it depends on who you talk to. There are plenty of people racing with stock air boxes winning every weekend and there are plenty of people racing with expensive aftermarket filters winning also. If you are just starting out I bet you can't tell the difference. I would put special air filters in the "Glittering Bull *****" section of racing have to's.

"Frankly My Dear I just wouldn't worry so much about the difference between the two". There are plenty of other ways to win than just bolting on a "magic filter".

Honest Dad himself

8/20/13, 11:05 AM   #3
MC@Performance Fab

LMAO.............I see your still racing that bar stool, just be careful cause to much of that race fuel and you can fall off that dam thing...........

8/20/13, 12:46 PM   #4
Bill May

C'mon Dad, it's your turn, keep this thread going.

Bill May

8/20/13, 1:19 PM   #5
torkman15

I myself would answer that question like this, yes there are advantages to the aftermarket box IF you have a power commander and can find a chassis tuner like the one I just found in my back yard (long story) anywho I was pretty fast but wanted more and my guy said "more is possible with tuning" only trouble is you need a power commander or bazazz box OR a way to flash program your ECU. Its a slippery slope I tell ya, do what makes you happy, happy, happy...

I spent $630.00 for a PC and tune and gained around 5 ft pds at 7800RPM, that broadened my torque curve and made my car accelerate like a scalded dog off the corners and I love it. There is more on the table too, I can add a piggyback ignition box and make gains from that too. Did I mention this is like a slippery slope...

Good luck to ya, Tom

8/20/13, 1:43 PM   #6
MC@Performance Fab

Keep it going? The same person asked the same question less then a month ago.

8/20/13, 4:43 PM   #7
diana

I have sent you a number of emails about your product and you have not answered me.
If you are not selling them anymore or do not have any instructions , performance gains / tuning
Let me know so I can look elsewhere.
Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

8/20/13, 5:48 PM   #8
MC@Performance Fab

Am finishing up a GSXR intake at the moment. Someone was asking about GSXR intakes end of last week that I replied to, might have been you. Will check my spam to see if anything ended up there.

As far as good info, a dyno graph showing the gains you can expect without spending additional money on tuning, a ton of customer feedback, race results, championships won. click on the link below to see over 50.000 reply's to my main sales thread. http://dwarfcarracing.com/forums/sho...locity-intakes

Thanks, Monte

8/20/13, 7:44 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
C'mon Dad, it's your turn, keep this thread going.

Bill May
Bill: Some people are always going to spend their money looking for that super pie in the sky. I'M looking for an air cleaner that will keep these darned rods inside the case. You try to make racing cheap and all people can think of is. If I spend just a few more bucks I'll be up front with them boys with years and years of driving and set up experience.

If we could figure a way to get the more experienced people to help the newer racer get up to speed we could do a better job at keeping cost down.

If I was an air cleaner salesman I would find a couple of hot shoe drivers and give them a few air cleaners, The people chasing them would of course have to buy air cleaners to keep up with them. Racers are strange people they always have to have what the hot shoes are running.

I see where the Swindell's are selling black anodized copies of their trick suspension parts so racers can keep up with them out in Tulsa. The Swindell's in sprints and Ralph Potter in midgets are a big reason John Godfrey got off to such a good start and has sold so many cars.

You can't protect people from themselves. A new $200.00 dollar right rear tire with a good driver and set up is worth .2 seconds. Try that with a hot rod motor and a driver that can't hook up a stock motor.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: torkman15
8/20/13, 8:26 PM   #10
MC@Performance Fab

You don't give people much credit if you think they are so stupid they buy the ******** about (FILTERS) and that using the VELOCITY STACKS to tune the power where its needed most isn't what its all about.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > airbox