IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Midget race on the 14th
9/12/13, 8:54 AM   #1
Montpelier Midget race on the 14th
torkman15

Couple of questions here, I have an 08 Bailey with an 08 GSXR 1000 (stock) and have never run without a top wing. I run alot without a nose wing just because I didnt have one but anyway can my car compete with these guys (the midgets racing at Montpelier the 14th) and not be a floating road block. I believe my car is pretty fast with all things considered. I have run all (short) 3/8ths mile tracks up here in Michigan and placed first or second most every race and I wonder how much gear to take out for the shorter track. I want to race! Its going to be a long winter with just the smells of the Rumble in FortWayne to get me through to spring...did I mention I wanna' race!

Thanks for any advice good or bad I'm going to Indiana this weekend! Thanks again, Tom

9/12/13, 9:11 AM   #2
Re: Montpelier Midget race on the 14th
BrianBSU23

We are glad to hear that you are making the trip south to race with us in the Midget series. Our track is smaller than the 3/8 you are used to.

Two teams that have had a lot off success with the Mini's are Joe/Lynsey Liguori (Midget18) and Greg/Alex Watson (WBR 3E). Both are on IOW and are very helpful and could help get you going in the right direction.

The minis are generally competitive. For example on the July 27th after the feature got going it went green to checkers. We didn't have a single mini not on the lead lap. Last week, we had one of our fastest tracks of the season along with a good group of Powri cars and the Mini's more than held their own.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Midget race on the 14th