IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacobs ladder length ???
8/3/13, 12:13 PM   #1
Jacobs ladder length ???
torkman15

I acquired another Bailey 1000cc minisprint unknown year but guess mid 2000s and it has two mounting points for a jacobs ladder, question is will a longer jakes ladder have any benefit over a 12 inch ladder??? I run short 3/8ths sometimes bumpy slightly banked tracks. Thanks, Tom

8/4/13, 5:06 PM   #2
Re: Jacobs ladder length ???
TQ29m

I think I would try it like it came to you, then if you want to experiment, you'll have some base line to go from, altho I really doubt if you'll be able to tell a difference, a 12" ladder is really pretty long for a car that size. Bob

8/15/13, 5:41 PM   #3
KYRON

the original should be correct. most are not. the axle should move all the way up/down without moving left/right

8/15/13, 6:18 PM   #4
badcoupe

thge shorter one will make the car react quicker the longer one slows it down. measure the distance between moiunting points on the chasis whatever it measures is what you have to run. Ie if theyre 13" in between then you have to run 13" long ladder for it to work properly

8/20/13, 10:21 PM   #5
torkman15

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
thge shorter one will make the car react quicker the longer one slows it down. measure the distance between moiunting points on the chasis whatever it measures is what you have to run. Ie if theyre 13" in between then you have to run 13" long ladder for it to work properly
Well this post made the light click on in my head. Yup I don't know what I might have been thinking, the axle would have to be 6 inches longer and the birdcage out alot further to use the outer most holes.

Thanks, Tom
Last edited by torkman15; 8/20/13 at 10:22 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacobs ladder length ???