IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar
7/25/10, 9:15 PM   #21
Re: IndyCar
openwheelfan1

This is one of the worst robberies in history! I know "life ain't fair" but this is just plain ol' highway robbery. What gains IndyCar made in public opinion earlier this season just went right out the window.

7/25/10, 9:19 PM   #22
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
This was just posted on www.versus.com
Just in from Jack Arute "Just heard from Barnhart - the penalty will stand, Dixon is the official winner of the race"
what a joke

this is why i spend my money at the dirt tracks!!!
Last edited by STIDA.com; 7/25/10 at 9:20 PM. Reason: /

3 members like this post: cmakin, jerrythar500, skids59
7/25/10, 9:30 PM   #23
jpzank

Insanity. You would think Mr. Penske would just have a complete hemorrhage over that call.

JP

7/25/10, 9:45 PM   #24
illiNOISE

Granted, Indy Car made a "Mickey Mouse" call against Castroneves, but let's not lose sight of the facts, namely (1) He blatantly and openly defied a stop and go penalty, and (2) He grabbed a Security Guard.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Indy Car backs it's officials by bringing down the hammer on Helio. I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting for them to make the right decision.

7/25/10, 10:33 PM   #25
miledirt

Street races.... fewer and fewer Americans... little to no chance for American short track open wheel talent to race at Indy... and then a move by Indy Car officials like the one today...

And they wonder why tv ratings continue to plummet

The new CEO of Indy Car needs to bring the hammer and make some major changes.

1 member likes this post: skids59
7/25/10, 11:30 PM   #26
LEADERS EDGE

Barnhart has just completely kicked the legs out from under the rebuilding of Indy Car. Barnhart wasn't man enough to admit his mistake. Complete disgrace to himself and the Sanctioning body. No official should ever make themselves bigger than the event they oversee.

Helio shouldn't have grabbed any of the officials, but I don't blame him for not heeding the flag. No way would I have stopped.

Will Power lost any respect I had for him....not only did he say Castroneves blocked him today, he said it in a way that made it seem as if he always blocks.

Absolutely pathetic.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/26/10, 7:58 AM   #27
throb

i was very suprised that power threw helio under the bus......i bet roger will have a sit down with them both. they were just playing up that the only way to get on with penske is to be a team player....will failed to show me that he was a team player.

7/26/10, 8:36 AM   #28
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Barnhart has just completely kicked the legs out from under the rebuilding of Indy Car. Barnhart wasn't man enough to admit his mistake. Complete disgrace to himself and the Sanctioning body. No official should ever make themselves bigger than the event they oversee.

Helio shouldn't have grabbed any of the officials, but I don't blame him for not heeding the flag. No way would I have stopped.

Will Power lost any respect I had for him....not only did he say Castroneves blocked him today, he said it in a way that made it seem as if he always blocks.

Absolutely pathetic.
Yeh, but he didn't hit him, he just shook him, and the guard was grinning all the time, course he knew at that point Helio was pissed, Indy Car didn't need this to happen, maybe they think they needed it to draw fans, more like flies if they don't make a course direction. Bob

7/26/10, 8:36 AM   #29
duel

Barnhart needs to go. The IRL took a win away from Helio in Detroit a couple of years ago for "blocking." let them race. If a guy is blocking sooner or later it will take care of itself one way or another.

2 members like this post: Austin75, BrentTFunk
7/26/10, 9:08 AM   #30
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Granted, Indy Car made a "Mickey Mouse" call against Castroneves, but let's not lose sight of the facts, namely (1) He blatantly and openly defied a stop and go penalty, and (2) He grabbed a Security Guard.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Indy Car backs it's officials by bringing down the hammer on Helio. I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting for them to make the right decision.
I believe in black flag situations you have 3 laps before acknowledging the flag and because of only 2 laps left in race Cedric stated that is why Helio didn't come into the pits. As for Helio grabbing the security personal was wrong if you noticed he was laughing at Helio when it was being done. Bottom line is Helio got screwed.

REH

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar