Stockon
Hodges

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: jim goerge, Kydehart, mc/rider, rapid robert
Nate (Offline)
  #32 7/10/17 9:06 PM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
Gas city,how about next sunday,??????
You should work for The Weather Channel. They're wrong as much as you are.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
11 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, farriswheel, fish, jim goerge, jowen26, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner, trannyman
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #33 7/10/17 9:12 PM
They beat the weather and put on a great race. The speedshift coverage was great all night. Already ordered terre haute for Wednesday as well
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, fish, jim goerge, Kydehart, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #34 7/10/17 10:00 PM
I'm still waiting on the rain?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, farriswheel, fish, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #35 7/10/17 10:16 PM
Here is the moral of the story. Track takes a big chance rescheduling on a Monday. Everyone works together and feature is done at 8:50. They are rewarded by losing money because no one showed up. Promoters talk. I bet it will be a long time before someone takes a rain date again.
8 Likes: fish, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, mc/rider, nonwing77, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, tirespinner
racen857 (Offline)
  #36 7/10/17 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Here is the moral of the story. Track takes a big chance rescheduling on a Monday. Everyone works together and feature is done at 8:50. They are rewarded by losing money because no one showed up. Promoters talk. I bet it will be a long time before someone takes a rain date again.
Mod feature was done and to the car by 9:12. 10:20 @ hotel within seeing distance of track,... still no rain.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #37 7/10/17 10:28 PM
I wouldn't blame them, they kept the show moving for sure.Only having 32 Sprints and 11 Modifieds didn't hurt.
One wonders why races can't move quicker even when weather isn't a concern.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #38 7/10/17 10:45 PM
People here seem to be giving david mitchell hell about his weather prediction, but judging by the empty seats and pits tonight he wasn't alone in his pessimism about the weather. Hard to blame anyone for staying home with the kind of weather we have had this year. I just wonder where all the sprints only fans that follow the tour were.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jesse B, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #39 7/10/17 11:01 PM
I don't know what the deal between speedshift and the track is.
I bought the coverage, so the track got some of my $$ Not sure how much. but they said viewership was high.

Brent, You left out the fact that the makeup date had a huge forecast for rain. I don't blame anything but the weather. If it was a good forecast for today and storms already weren't firing when I woke up. I'd of come.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, Jesse B
tirespinner (Offline)
  #40 7/10/17 11:54 PM
I was a one of the nobody's that real glad I did track got more than live feed coverage from me!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Simon_says17