IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darren Hagen's crash - Yellow flag discussion.
4/15/09, 11:24 AM   #31
Re: Darren Hagen
sceckert

sprinterfan-
We will never agree on this point. I accept that without conditions.
I interpret that you believe either that Hagen may have been setting up for a move on Ballou, or was in some other way likely to get into three wrong on one of the next two passes through there, and that there was not even a single element of the wreck that was derived from the restart.
I don't. I believe he had taken his shot, was settled in at second place and at the pace established, and was in no position to make a pass attempt, unless Ballou faltered. I disagree with your description of the three top guys being close enough that one could "throw a blanket" over them. When I conjure that imagery, it implies a pitched-battle with each position being contested vigorously. Even at Eldora speeds, I think of that as a Mighty Long Blanket that would have covered the top three.
I believe that the flow of that race was interrupted, and chaos theory emerged. I feel that there was next-to-zero chance that one of the three top cars was going to change positions in the 25-odd seconds remaining in that event, prior to the caution period.
I'm glad the racing action was as compelling as it was that evening. Hagen's accident tarnished my enjoyment of the event. But you and I simply saw this occasion differently. I bear you no ill-will for finding fault with my opinion.

4/15/09, 1:22 PM   #32
Steve B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Why you guys let Joe Kidd, Motormasher and Wingman draw you in is beyond me. They like big tracks for wing cars because their minds work so slow they can only follow it when its follow the leader and no passing or they might get confussed.
Shutup fat boy!

4/15/09, 1:36 PM   #33
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Shutup fat boy!
Thats the "OLD" name, we would like to be called the politically correct term "Body Builders".

P.S..I too hope Daren gets well soon...:thumb
Last edited by Pine; 4/15/09 at 1:43 PM.

4/15/09, 2:10 PM   #34
racefan20

:rolling See you at GC Pine

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/15/09, 2:14 PM   #35
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
:rolling See you at GC Pine
Yes Sir..:greenflag:

4/15/09, 3:05 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Shutup fat boy!
I laugh big too! Nice first two post BTW.

4/15/09, 4:12 PM   #37
Steve B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I laugh big too! Nice first two post BTW.
No problem fat boy. LOL!!!!

4/15/09, 7:16 PM   #38
Steve B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceckert View Post
sprinterfan-
We will never agree on this point. I accept that without conditions.
I interpret that you believe either that Hagen may have been setting up for a move on Ballou, or was in some other way likely to get into three wrong on one of the next two passes through there, and that there was not even a single element of the wreck that was derived from the restart.
I don't. I believe he had taken his shot, was settled in at second place and at the pace established, and was in no position to make a pass attempt, unless Ballou faltered. I disagree with your description of the three top guys being close enough that one could "throw a blanket" over them. When I conjure that imagery, it implies a pitched-battle with each position being contested vigorously. Even at Eldora speeds, I think of that as a Mighty Long Blanket that would have covered the top three.
I believe that the flow of that race was interrupted, and chaos theory emerged. I feel that there was next-to-zero chance that one of the three top cars was going to change positions in the 25-odd seconds remaining in that event, prior to the caution period.
I'm glad the racing action was as compelling as it was that evening. Hagen's accident tarnished my enjoyment of the event. But you and I simply saw this occasion differently. I bear you no ill-will for finding fault with my opinion.
Thank You! It's good to see that at least someone was sober enough to see what had happened.

4/16/09, 8:09 AM   #39
ossuks

After reviewing the tapes from this past Saturday evening I have come to the following :

1- Without doubt all blame for the accident involving car 67 is that of USAC. There was an opportunity after the completion of lap 6 to run 1 extra caution lap before resuming racing, had USAC not squanderd that moment in time the outcome would have been changed.

4/16/09, 12:48 PM   #40
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
After reviewing the tapes from this past Saturday evening I have come to the following :

1- Without doubt all blame for the accident involving car 67 is that of USAC. There was an opportunity after the completion of lap 6 to run 1 extra caution lap before resuming racing, had USAC not squanderd that moment in time the outcome would have been changed.
wheres the video.i was there would like to see how it happened

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darren Hagen's crash - Yellow flag discussion.