IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
garry47 (Offline)
  #31 6/30/10 12:33 AM
its funny to see how worked up people can get about this and complain and what not, when in all reality its not going to change a thing
graybeard
  #32 6/30/10 2:05 AM
Kyle correct me if I am wrong but I think Putnamville and Kokomo ran nonwing while others went to wing racing.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jimmydiesel
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #33 6/30/10 11:22 AM
why are they still calling it the 4crown? Shouldn't it be the 3 crown? i wish they would either bring back the mods (which al ot of today's non-wing guys started in) or possibly run ford focus or something. I know it's traditionally called the 4 crown which is why they stick with it but come on, only 3 classes?
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #34 6/30/10 12:04 PM
What did you all do when Indiana only ran WINGED sprint cars? Sit at home and belly ache about what the old days were like then also?
Have a nice day everybody!

Kyle[/QUOTE]

I did not know this happened in Indiana. A track or two might have tried it, but look at what is running now in Indiana.
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #35 6/30/10 2:18 PM
Does'nt anybody remember the good old days of The Four Crown?
Silver Crown,Sprints, Midgets and Late Models.

Hot laps and qualies were on Friday night.
Heats and Semis were on Saturday night.
Four features on Sunday afternoon.

That was the real Four Crown and I miss it.
6 Likes: 64chevy, JEFFSTOY, mowerman, Shawn Harper, speed bump, SprintManDave
Wingman (Offline)
  #36 6/30/10 4:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
I thought that the big block modified shows were all separate from the 4 crown? When did they race them as the fourth crown?
Sorry! I could not remember if they raced Big Blocks or not. My point is they cant seem to figure out year what is going to be the fourth crown. I went when they ran on sunday afternoon. It was a good show!
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #37 6/30/10 5:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
Does'nt anybody remember the good old days of The Four Crown?
Silver Crown,Sprints, Midgets and Late Models.

Hot laps and qualies were on Friday night.
Heats and Semis were on Saturday night.
Four features on Sunday afternoon.

That was the real Four Crown and I miss it.
Actually the 4 crown was origionally the USAC stock cars, basically ARCA style cars. After that I lost interest in the stock car portion
bigq11 (Offline)
  #38 6/30/10 8:58 PM
Anyone else remember the 1981 4CROWN? It was a Sat./Sun. show. Ken Shrader qualified the Johnny Vance 2V sprint car and the silver crown car. It was announced that Steve Kinser would be there to drive these cars on Sunday.

Steve started last in each race. In the sprints, he lapped the entire field. In the Silver Crown cars he lapped up to 2nd place, which was Sheldon Kinser. One more lap and he would have lapped him also. One of the most amazing drives I have ever seen.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #39 6/30/10 9:10 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Someone posted the WOO has a date at Lernerville on Sat. Hum, make some USAC teams stay a extra day and expenses, yet WoO is on the road..........

Make a combined Wing, NW overall champion, Put up ten grand for it and you'll have NWers strapping it on and Wingers taking it off.

Chuck, throwing something out there.
same as last year for woo
duel (Offline)
  #40 6/30/10 10:12 PM
I remember the Steve Kinser drive from last to first in both features. talk about a Big E clinic on slide jobs. Incredible drive. Every time Steve would slide someone in 3 this guy next to me would throw his arm into mine like Kinser was going to hit the wall. I think that was the 4 crown number 1?