IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kart29 (Offline)
  #1 5/25/18 8:22 AM
Caleb Armstrong had a fast four-laps in qualifying in 2016. The weather stunk in 2017 so we won't count that. But otherwise it looks like the lap times for Little 500 qualifying are trending up. The track looked a little wavy in T3/T4 on TV yesterday.

What kind of condition is this track in? Is it in need of a re-pave job? Or is about like it has always been?
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #2 5/25/18 11:59 AM
Different tire compound this year
2 Likes: fish, tirespinner
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #3 5/25/18 12:41 PM
According to track owners and officials, Anderson will get a much needed Repave Job with in the next few years. The pavement is definitely worn out! This was in response to my question about repaving the track on the track's Facebook page, this past Winter.
brsteg (Offline)
  #4 5/25/18 2:22 PM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
According to track owners and officials, Anderson will get a much needed Repave Job with in the next few years. The pavement is definitely worn out! This was in response to my question about repaving the track on the track's Facebook page, this past Winter.
Man, I'd really hate to see them repave the place.
5 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Adolph, speed bump, tirespinner, Tony74
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #5 5/25/18 3:43 PM
Fastest field ever

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Adolph, speed bump, tigerone
9racing (Offline)
  #6 5/25/18 5:08 PM
I believe they are using a harder tire that will keep laptimes longer.. Put that with the bluebird sunny day, hot, I'll bet the track temp was the highest they have seen in a long while.
3 Likes: Adolph, fish, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #7 5/27/18 12:18 AM
Swanson, Wilson, Hollingsworth, Kempgens, Hampton, Windom, Gerster, Armstrong, Schrader, Cottle are top 10 finishers of the main event. It was the fastest field ever. Track is just fine.
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, Kydehart, luckybuc97, PIT CART, speed bump, tigerone
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #8 5/27/18 3:19 AM
The track has gotten rough, you can see it on the in car cams of several guys. There weren't any New Track Records, but I guarantee there will be after the new pavement gets laid down. Nothing wrong with a smooth, fast track, with plenty of grip.
2 Likes: Adolph, Al Pierce
fish (Offline)
  #9 5/27/18 4:13 AM
I talked to a few drivers that thought the harder tires were a bit of a difference in the times. Track seemed like it has been to me. My guess is that if it was repaved, passing would be even more difficult.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
2 Likes: Adolph, BrentTFunk
Scott42 (Offline)
  #10 5/27/18 5:32 PM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
The track has gotten rough, you can see it on the in car cams of several guys. There weren't any New Track Records, but I guarantee there will be after the new pavement gets laid down. Nothing wrong with a smooth, fast track, with plenty of grip.

That would be dumb! Ruin two groves of racing
2 Likes: Tony74, trannyman