Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar's Future
12/24/23, 5:01 PM   #71
Re: IndyCar's Future
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
From Adam Stern Twitter feed this afternoon:

@IMS says that it's up by roughly 10,000 tickets for the 108th Indy 500 versus the comparable sales period last year, and that it would already have 225,000 people in attendance all told if the May event was held today.
I am willing to bet that Kyle Larson entering the 2024 Indianapolis 500 is quite a big part of this.

12/24/23, 7:23 PM   #72
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I am willing to bet that Kyle Larson entering the 2024 Indianapolis 500 is quite a big part of this.
Could be, the attendance has been on upswing for the 500 the past several years, except for the covid years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucema...h=4cf9f565c9a6

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, Jonr
12/24/23, 9:01 PM   #73
The55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
That basic design is what appeals to me. No wings, side pods or ground effects. Just four open wheels and tons of horsepower.
I get that, I prefer Mario’s 69 winning car though it did have some “spoilers” above and to the side of the engine.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99
1/4/24, 9:57 PM   #74
flagboy55

I didn’t ask my friend about his thoughts on the future of Indy but I did see this beautiful car that Art Ross drove to a 5th place finish. Also I found out that the Speedway doesn’t much care about the past as the General seems to have no interest in bringing the cars that paved the way back to turn some laps around the track. That’s a shame
Attached Images
0411483C-5E7E-4314-8591-457D4F96A7C6.jpeg (87.0 KB, 44 views)

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, TQ29m
1/5/24, 4:45 AM   #75
Blackduce

Years ago I remember the first electric car race was held on the Pheonix 1 mile track. It got lots of ink and TV time.
Does any body remember who won.
Lynn

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
1/6/24, 4:08 PM   #76
2140rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
Years ago I remember the first electric car race was held on the Pheonix 1 mile track. It got lots of ink and TV time.
Does any body remember who won.
Lynn
Not sure but it might have been Billy Roe. Here's some video.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1284073465053060

1/6/24, 6:05 PM   #77
Puppy

I'm sorry I'm late to this party!
I believe if Honda were to leave it would be a terrible blow for IndyCar. The series is enjoying growth the last few years, and this would probably deal a blow that would halt any more short term growth....
As much as I don't want to see the "spec" idea that they proposed come to fruition, It would be better than hurting the series at this point. I have been pulling for the 3rd (or more) manufacturer(s) every since its been needed. I cant believe that no one see's the series as a positive for marketing. The racing has been incredible, the depth of drivers and arguably teams has never been better.
When I read the Honda article I had the thought of possibly letting a "stock block" kind of a rule again. Something teams could build themselves or more likely an engine builder. Probably as things go it wouldn't be a SBC or LS. Maybe something based on a DOHC V-6 of some kind. This could break up the costs that Honda are concerned about. Not sure that they or GM would want to be competing against that kind of competition, but it doesn't matter, it isn't going to happen. I'm just dreaming.

2 members like this post: jdull99, mc/rider
1/7/24, 6:24 AM   #78
Blackduce

Great info. But there was no winner. Part way thru the race the EPA or other Goverment agency closed the track. Everybody had to drop there tools and run for the exit. And Goverment forced everybody off track fast.
They said the fumes were so bad people would die. Because few cars had leaky batteries
and the fumes kill you quickly in minutes. Not sure when they could come back to load up and leave.
Lynn

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
1/7/24, 6:14 PM   #79
Frank Reiner

Quote:
Does any body remember who won?
Lynn
Blackduce, the above was your post a couple of days ago, and below is your statement today. You asked who won, and then state that there was no winner. Which will it be?

Quote:
Great info. But there was no winner. Part way thru the race the EPA or other Goverment agency closed the track. Everybody had to drop there tools and run for the exit. And Goverment forced everybody off track fast.
They said the fumes were so bad people would die. Because few cars had leaky batteries
and the fumes kill you quickly in minutes. Not sure when they could come back to load up and leave.
Lynn

1/7/24, 7:11 PM   #80
Vookie

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/1st-e...david-sterrett

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar's Future