IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #51 12/19/23 6:57 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Some people believe everything is an agenda.
Yes, makes for easy solutions to complex issues.
sp6967 (Offline)
  #52 12/19/23 7:03 PM
fred flintstone style. with the advancement of shoe technology since fred's last drive around bedrock, i see this as a great way to keep drivers in shape as well as enjoying the races.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Jonr
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #53 12/20/23 1:16 PM
There’s no question it’s an agenda. I’m old enough to remember the fuel shortage in the 70’s when we were all going to run out of fuel. But don’t let reality change an agenda. Anyway back to the topic at hand. I’ll try to get over to get another opinion on the state of Indy Car from a guy who’s father raced the great race and I’m sure he’ll have an interesting view on things. I’ll try to pass it on to you folks
2 Likes: jdull99, mtek56
captrat (Offline)
  #54 12/20/23 5:58 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
There’s no question it’s an agenda. I’m old enough to remember the fuel shortage in the 70’s when we were all going to run out of fuel. But don’t let reality change an agenda. Anyway back to the topic at hand. I’ll try to get over to get another opinion on the state of Indy Car from a guy who’s father raced the great race and I’m sure he’ll have an interesting view on things. I’ll try to pass it on to you folks

1973 OPEC retaliates (shuts off sale of oil) against the US because of its aid to Israel in Israel/Arab War. Political agenda?
2 Likes: PIT CART, Vookie
Vookie (Offline)
  #55 12/20/23 7:15 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
1973 OPEC retaliates (shuts off sale of oil) against the US because of its aid to Israel in Israel/Arab War. Political agenda?
Yom Kippur War.
Jonr (Offline)
  #56 12/20/23 7:26 PM
You guys are not paying attention to the world around you. GM's vision is to be all electric by 2035. They are making decisions to support that vision.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...s/71978066007/
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #57 12/20/23 7:55 PM

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #58 12/21/23 12:13 PM
1974 was the first time they chopped up the month. They went with the format that stood until I quit following which was '96. Practice was cut to one week then qualifying followed by second week of practice with final weekend of qualifying.

rained out the first weekend

Then they had a huge issue on their hands of who was in line and where, who was eligible for the pole etc. As it shook out Sam Sessions got hosed as his Smoky Yunick stock block turbo eagle (which was absolutely gorgeous) missed the show. The guy I wound up working for was in the hotel screwing some broad and his car got pulled out of line, never got his attempt. Several brought law suits against IMS and yes, it was pretty screwed up.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #59 12/21/23 4:02 PM
Originally Posted by Hubie48:
The guy I wound up working for was in the hotel screwing some broad and his car got pulled out of line, never got his attempt.
Well, at least the weekend wasn't a TOTAL wash.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #60 12/21/23 4:29 PM