IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Something Sad
1/24/11, 9:37 PM   #1
Something Sad
LuvRacinRog

Something Sad

When VADirt was in Tulsa covering the Chili Bowl for LuvRacin.com he shot something really sad.

Tulsa Speedway was closed in 2005. The photos VA shot tug at your heart and really upsets you. The Photos are graphic in nature and viewer discretion is advised.
To see the photos go to www.LuvRacin.com and click on the photo on the front page. It takes you to VA’s page. You can also see his Chili Bowl coverage.

Do you have this type of thing in your area? I hate it! It makes me mad. It’s like a death to me. Who’s home track was it? How many great nights were there? How many victory stops for breakfast? How many broken hearts and broken dreams?

If you want to help us promote local racing Join our team. We are putting our 2011 team together now. If you would like to become a LuvRacin,com Reporter contact me at racin@LuvRacin.com

LuvRacin.com is Your Racing Network

3 members like this post: Drtchsr, ISF, SPRINTCAR
1/24/11, 11:44 PM   #2
Re: Something Sad
jontheturboguy

Really does hurt to see that.

Crazy how 6 years can do so much damage.

Was this place dirt I take it?

1/25/11, 9:05 AM   #3
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

What a shame that is. But as long as its still there there is hope. Millstream in ohio was closed for several years and is now making a come back.
Posted via Mobile Device

1/25/11, 1:51 PM   #4
Jonr

Does anyone know why this track was closed? It looked like it had all of the required infrastructure to be a success. Sometimes you go to a track and wonder how they can stay open, when I look at this track I wonder how it could not stay open.

Thanks

1/26/11, 1:59 AM   #5
dalemo

Very sad indeed!! I spent 2 nights of my honeymoon there with my new bride and the outlaws in 1991. They can destoy the place but never the memories the place created. 20 years ago seam like yesterday!!
Dale Moody

1/26/11, 8:55 PM   #6
VaDirt

I'd like to find some info too. I stayed at my wife's uncle's place in Tulsa, and about all he knew was that he's been there one time, but didn't know anyone or anything about the track. Of course this is a guy that didn't even know about the Chili Bowl until I came there for the first time in '06.

I hate seeing closed tracks, it really breaks my heart.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Something Sad