IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
lilrim (Offline)
  #1 1/10/11 6:12 PM
Rumor has it Sammy has slapped on even a BIGGER tank this year for the Silver (25th) anniversary of the chili bowl... Is it going to be 100 lapper...? Guestamation is saying 40 gallon tank... Holy Cow!
mortboyz
  #2 1/10/11 6:38 PM
Apparently the Joe Dooling/Wayne "Limp" Johnson #2 has a square "supermod" style tank as well....
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 1/10/11 6:57 PM
Dry/Slick, more weight, More traction

Charles Nungester
jim goerge (Offline)
  #4 1/10/11 7:27 PM
This doesn"t have anything to do with fuel tanks, but I have heard Sammy"s car is illegal to run anywhere else. I heard it"s to light for USAC and PowerI by 300 pounds. Anybody know anything bout that?
Dalton Dietrich (Offline)
  #5 1/10/11 7:30 PM
Could be too light...but by 300 pounds???? Holy cow... thats 600 pounds. according to Powri's rules they must weigh 900
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #6 1/10/11 7:30 PM
I would say alot of cars don't meet spec's for sanctioned racing. The Chili Bowl is pretty much run what ya brung as far as chassis, wheels and other things I don't know about.
wideopen24 (Offline)
  #7 1/10/11 8:31 PM
From the looks of Sammy's car the past few years its no more trick than any other Spike with beautiful lil rim carbon panels!!! The tail tank looks cool but 5 gallons or 50 it cant do much! The man is just smooth as silk in the slick..and can run a cushion like no other....
Texan (Offline)
  #8 1/10/11 8:54 PM
Originally Posted by lilrim:
Rumor has it Sammy has slapped on even a BIGGER tank this year for the Silver (25th) anniversary of the chili bowl... Is it going to be 100 lapper...? Guestamation is saying 40 gallon tank... Holy Cow!
aXe posted a link below to pics. It has Sammy's car in them a good shot of that tail tank:

http://www.openwheelracers3.com/Photos.php
never lift (Offline)
  #9 1/10/11 9:34 PM
Sammy's car is deffinatly not legal to race in any division of midget racing. His car is a special lightweight spike and the motor he and Kevin have are too big to run during the season.
DREW= Hines #1 fan!!!
  #10 1/10/11 10:17 PM
I know when the frame broke by the shock tower they were really fast about covering it up...