IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should real names be required to be displayed in posts here on IOW???
Yes 82 58.99%
No 57 41.01%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Real names??? Should they be required in all posts??
8/11/08, 7:51 PM   #41
Re: Real names??? Should they be required in all posts??
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Should real names be shown in all posts???

<edit> I want to clarify, this would not mean your userid would have to be your real name... What I mean is, after every post your real name would be posted.
Absolutely. I also think you should be logged in as a member to view but could be invisible to others.

I say this because there are things said on this board that would never be said to the persons face being talked about. Thats just guttless if you ask me and turns into threads about the gutless person until they either fess up their name or leave.

Everybodys got a right to dissagree. Straighten someone out who's in the wrong or at least try to give a different view of things. Thats dialog and often great things come of it. The majority of post in many threads are nothing more than trying to one up someone or bellittle them.

Chuck, who's often wrong, but likes learning and being corrected respectfully when I am.

8/11/08, 10:36 PM   #42
T&A Racing

I think real names is a positive.

D.Arnold

8/11/08, 11:27 PM   #43
Tyler

What does having real names matter anyway?

It's about the quality of the actual post that is important - not who it is that is posting it.

In addition, it can't be enforced. I suppose it could be, but anyone could make a fake name or pretend to be someone else (don't know why....).

As someone else said, some people may not post there true opinion if they have to fully put themselves out there in fear of many things, and being that this is a message board, it's important that people are posting there true opinions, as that is the purpose of a message board in the first place.

The only way you could require real names and make it work is to do the paypal idea, which is a bad idea unless you want the forum to die, as many people wouldn't want to waste the time to create a paypal account and go through the trouble of transferring money and stuff. Even if it may be easy many people don't know how and won't want to learn as it's time consuming, not to mention most of the people on here are not at the age where they know how to do everything on a computer, meaning they will only be on for a few posts here and there as they'll probably be busy with there own racing and job outside of the forum/racing.

There is no positives to requiring real names, but plenty of negatives.

- Tyler Cottongim

8/12/08, 6:28 PM   #44
sprntr

I vote NO.
We had a situation up here in WISSOTA country where a racer posted complaints about Rice Lake Speedway in Rice Lake, Wisconsin on Delphi Forums 20/20 Racing Page. HE signed his name and was in turn "Banned for Life" by the Racing Association President from RLS.
Payback is a Bi+ch!

I didn't get to vote on the poll as I saw this thread too late. So the vote totals are not quite accurate.

steiny

8/26/08, 10:29 AM   #45
bgbrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbrd View Post
Real Names should be required when you register. Also a valid email address.

The moderators should be the only ones with that kind of information.

Dale
Can I change my Mind? Lets require Names.:rolling

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Real names??? Should they be required in all posts??