IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action Track?
5/28/10, 12:28 AM   #111
PittDude

I re
Last edited by PittDude; 5/28/10 at 12:40 AM.

5/28/10, 12:38 AM   #112
Re: Action Track?
terrehautian

Looks like Levi and Coons put on a show judging from the lap leader stat.

5/28/10, 12:40 AM   #113
PittDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by agar View Post
Before Hot Laps

I remember Manzy looked like that on Day #2 after rain out on day 1 of the Copper on Dirt a few years back
Posted via Mobile Device

5/28/10, 12:40 AM   #114
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALDEAL View Post
Once again.... the racers save the promoters ass
This is an absolute true statement. The track prep was a self-induced disaster. And the track was still treacherous come feature time. Just ask Justin Grant, Robert Ballou (how he didn't flip in turn 1, I'll never know) and Jon Stanbrough, to name a few. But, luckily for the promoters Jerry Coons and Levi Jones just took what they gave them, took the gloves off and just slugged it out for the last 25 laps or so of this one. It ended up being a real classic! One that up until the last lap, you had no idea who was going to end up taking home the top prize. Thank you JCJ and Levi Jones, for saving the program tonight. And Dave Darland, too. What a run that was!

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/28/10 at 2:30 AM.

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, dirtnonwingfan, Jimmydiesel
5/28/10, 12:52 AM   #115
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
Finally some updates!!! The twitter thing with USAC was a joke.
I guess you missed the results of every heat, the feature lineup, and then feature results on the USAC Twitter.

Maybe you wanted them hand delivered to you?

1 member likes this post: awnunn
5/28/10, 12:53 AM   #116
ekohl23

what happened to Daron Clayton in his heat?

5/28/10, 1:17 AM   #117
clark9c

motor issues, tried changing the motor before feature but ran out of time
Posted via Mobile Device

5/28/10, 1:31 AM   #118
hogan6

This race qualifies as an instant classic. Of course Mr. Water Truck Driver got a little silly but, folks in attendance will be talking about this one for awhile. Jones and Coons passed each other at least a dozen times. And DD's run from the back was nice. Back to the house by Midnite. Mr. Coons earned this one.

5/28/10, 1:36 AM   #119
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I got to the track about 2:30 or so and the inside half of the track was dry as a bone. They turned it into a mud bog, and we know how good they are at running in a track.

What we had today was a great example of totally incompetent track preparation and absolutely great racing from the best drivers in the country. How much longer are the drivers we all love to watch race going to be forced to run on dangerous, poorly prepared tracks. It is inconvenient and irritating for us fans, but dangerous for the drivers.

I totally reject the argument that we should just be happy that some particular track is open, regardless of the condition of that track. Be thankful, be quiet, the apologists say. No thank you. I have not previously joined in the discussions of these problems, but tonight was just too much. What is it going to take to force an acknowledgment of these problems and action to be taken to solve them? What, if anything, are sanctioning bodies going to do? Our drivers deserve much, much better.

5/28/10, 3:01 AM   #120
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
This is an absolute true statement. The track prep was a self-induced disaster. And the track was still treacherous come feature time. Just ask Justin Grant, Robert Ballou (how he didn't flip in turn 1, I'll never know) and Jon Stanbrough, to name a few. But, luckily for the promoters Jerry Coons and Levi Jones just took what they gave them, took the gloves off and just slugged it out for the last 25 laps or so of this one. It ended up being a real classic! One that up until the last lap, you had no idea who was going to end up taking home the top prize. Thank you JCJ and Levi Jones, for saving the program tonight. And Dave Darland, too. What a run that was!

Jerry
Justin Grant was driving over his head all nite. Well I guess all week. L'Burg, Kokomo etc. His solo crash in turn one was self induced. He flat out crashed JS on the start. This track was not treacherous. Was not rough. In fact I have never seen more passing at Terre Haute. Ask the drivers what they thought of it. You could run the top, middle or bottom. Yeah the delay sucked. But, we got paid off for 30 laps.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action Track?