IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A battle for my best friend & sprintcar driver
7/25/12, 11:09 PM   #1
A battle for my best friend & sprintcar driver
mud goodsleeve

Race Count This Year: 09

Its been known In the garage and at grill outs/card nights for a long time. Hell as long as Ive know the guy and been able to call him my best friend he has gone through alot. Diagnosed with this misdiagnosed with that. that didnt stop him form racing bmx, skateboarding with me or flat out raising hell. Hes probably gonna punch me for putting this up here but I love him and we are fighting for a cure.

Jason Soudrette has been diagnosed with MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome). There are multiple syndromes which are all disorders of the stem cell in the bone marrow. In MDS, hematopoiesis (blood production) is disorderly and ineffective. The number and quality of blood-forming cells decline irreversibly, further impairing blood production. Patients with MDS often develop severe anemia and require frequent blood transfusions. In most cases, the disease worsens and the patient develops cytopenias (low blood counts) due to progressive bone marrow failure.

There are a couple options as far as treatment. None easy painless or non invasive.

A bone marrow transplant is the most likely route but Jason is still without a match so we are raising funds and awareness for BE THE MATCH .

Join "Jasons wheels" donate a few bucks if you can 1,5, 100. It all helps. Most importantly Spread the word and get your cheeck swabbed simple and painless. See if you can be the one who can save my best friends life.

Here is a link to Jasons Wheels- http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=16542

thank you- Matthew
Last edited by mud goodsleeve; 7/25/12 at 11:30 PM.

7/25/12, 11:14 PM   #2
Re: A battle for my best friend & sprintcar driver
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

so sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for Jason!!

7/25/12, 11:18 PM   #3
treecitytornado

My heart goes out to Jason and his entire family! We are praying for you!
J.T. Stapp

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 11:48 PM   #4
ChadSmith

Definately interested in helping out. Please email me at chadsmithmotorsports@gmail.com. What is the date for the run/walk event? I would be interested in donating $ or my time to the event. Thank you.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: RICHCRAFT.SPL
7/25/12, 11:53 PM   #5
mud goodsleeve

Chad- click the link above it has all the info and donation button. The run/walk is this saturday in Columbus Ohio. Bicentennial Park

233 Civic Center Drive
Columbus, OH 43215

Start times

Event Village Opens: 8:30 a.m.
Tot Trot: 9:45 a.m.
5K: 10:00 a.m. 1K: 10:05 a.m.

or you can click this link Join the registry and have a swab kit sent to you. http://marrow.org/Join/Join_Now/Join...px?src=CTAJoin
Last edited by mud goodsleeve; 7/25/12 at 11:57 PM.

7/26/12, 12:05 AM   #6
spicoli

Here's how to help, got to:

http://marrow.org

You can sign up through that page "join registry"

They send you a kit in the mail, so you can swab the inside of your mouth, send the swabs back and you're registered. Read the info so you understand the ramifications of joining. Don't join and then wimp out when called.

One more thing:

Guys should give blood at least 3 times a year.
To be selfish, it cuts down on your risk of many types of cancers.
To be charitable, people need blood all the time, especially in the summer when people get too busy to donate.

You can find a Red Cross near you, or a sponsored blood drive. It only takes a few minutes, it helps you, it helps others and when you donate enough, you get these cool pins that say how many gallons you've donated.

Some people have very rare blood types and are encouraged to donate often. I have a universal blood type that almost everyone can use.

One more thing that might appeal to the racers:
When you donate blood, they tell you your blood type. You should embroider this on your uniforn, or, as a minimum, put your blood type and date of last tetanus shot on the back of your helmet. This may save time when you need it the most.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Mud, it looks you you type faster than I do!!

7/26/12, 1:04 AM   #7
mud goodsleeve

If you dont know who Jason is just scroll to the top of the screen look to the right, hes the one wheeling the #44 car right behind Dickie. The man lives for two things Family and racing. I havent been around this sport too long but the one thing ive found out working on the #44 team is we are all one big family. One of us gets in a bind on or off the track we help eachother out. Thank you everyone for your support

2 members like this post: IndyBound, PJ Wright
7/26/12, 8:19 AM   #8
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud goodsleeve View Post
If you dont know who Jason is just scroll to the top of the screen look to the right, hes the one wheeling the #44 car right behind Dickie. The man lives for two things Family and racing. I havent been around this sport too long but the one thing ive found out working on the #44 team is we are all one big family. One of us gets in a bind on or off the track we help eachother out. Thank you everyone for your support
Mud goodsleeve, while I have never met Jason my thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and race team. You are truly a good friend to get the word out and help in what ever way you can. Your words are so true, we are all one big family and the prayer chain on IOW is extremely helpful.

I hope you don't mind if I steal your thread to get two more messages out.

1) IOW family, no matter what your age if you haven't made a yearly phyiscal a part of your normal routine, start today. The life you save will be your own!!!!

2) Have you told a friend you love them??? Do it today!!!!!

Prayers are with all of you Mud goodsleeve,

Patti

7/26/12, 12:39 PM   #9
Gregg

Thanks for clearing this up Matt.

I was wondering what was going on since Jason said on FB that he was having a procedure done. I didn't know it was so serious. Jason is one heck of a nice guy every time I go past his hauler. Sometimes you just don't realize they things that are weighing on peoples minds behind a smile.

Matt, will buying a Jason Soudrette tee at the track help the cause as well?

spicoli mentioned giving blood. I did so for the first time this past June. After you get through the paperwork the giving blood process is fairly quick. If it takes more than ten minutes total when the blood starts flowing I would be surprised. Don't be afraid.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
7/26/12, 3:47 PM   #10
mud goodsleeve

Greg, we didnt do any shirts this year. I know sponsored by a screenprinter and doesnt have shirts HAHAHA. makes no sense does it. What I can do is if anyone wants a Goodsleeve sprinter shirt or "on the wings of goodsleeve" shirt. I will donate all money from the sale of the shirts to the "Jasons wheels" fund. They can be picked up at. www.goodsleeveaa.com

Thank you again everyone for the support and prayers..
Matthew

3 members like this post: Gregg, IndyBound, smith19
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A battle for my best friend & sprintcar driver