IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
WardRacing33 (Offline)
  #1 1/14/09 12:48 PM
I found this old picture of my grandfather in a midget (maroon and white #30) that has a caption that says "Champion 'B' Class of Indiana", and I was just wondering if anybody out there knows what the 'B' Class means. It is a large picture so I have no way of scanning it in so I will have to just take a snap-shot of it with my camera, which I am having some trouble with, so it may be a bit before I can post it. I was just curious. Thanks for any input.
WardRacing33 (Offline)
  #2 1/14/09 1:20 PM
Here is the pic
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #3 1/14/09 2:17 PM
:checkered:NON- OFFY CLASS!
WardRacing33 (Offline)
  #4 1/14/09 4:52 PM
I think this is the Drake my grandfather used to talk about having.
SamSr32 (Offline)
  #5 1/14/09 5:12 PM
In the forties they ran an A class which was all Offys and a B class which was a stock block class, mostly in that day they were Ford v8-60s. CSRA had a Gold Crown Class that was Offys and a Silver Crown Class which was all other engines or stock block engines. This will date me for I ran back in the day.
Tripcrwn
  #6 1/14/09 9:29 PM
Great photo!
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #7 1/14/09 9:56 PM
Originally Posted by SamSr32:
In the forties they ran an A class which was all Offys and a B class which was a stock block class, mostly in that day they were Ford v8-60s. CSRA had a Gold Crown Class that was Offys and a Silver Crown Class which was all other engines or stock block engines. This will date me for I ran back in the day.
Yup, what he said. :thumb
Mr. Ward, do you have any update photos of your current car? I was wondering how it's coming along.
David.