IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier vs. American racer
3/30/15, 7:36 PM   #1
Hoosier vs. American racer
DAVE BOOS

Hey guys, Im sure this topic has been beat to death somewhere on here but I cant find it anywhere. Have always run Hoosiers with good success haven't run American racers much. We can get AR's for substantially cheaper prices than Hoosiers out here in CO. so I was thinking about switching over. The results speak for themselves out here most of the fastest guys run AR's with good success (guess I kinda just answered my own question). Any reasons why I wouldn't want to make the switch? Our tracks (the dirt) pretty much suck out here, sandy dry and dusty a lot of the time what compound would you recommend ? Ive been running sp2 rr's and d-12 lr and wearing out rr's 2-1 vs lr's . Any info would be appreciated! Thanks Dave

3/30/15, 7:49 PM   #2
Re: Hoosier vs. American racer
revjimk

Where do you race in Colorado? What class? I'm in Denver & starved for good dirt racing

1 member likes this post: DAD
3/30/15, 7:58 PM   #3
DAD

Dave

In Mini Sprints AR will work fine take the money you save on tires and invest it in suspension and more frequent RR tire changes. It is a heat cycle thing new is always better.

Honest Dad himself

3/30/15, 7:58 PM   #4
DAVE BOOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Where do you race in Colorado? What class? I'm in Denver & starved for good dirt racing
PM Sent

3/30/15, 8:08 PM   #5
DAVE BOOS

Sorry I forgot to state we are running a mini sprint, thanks DAD

3/30/15, 8:52 PM   #6
cmiracingvids

Guys here (Indiana) win on AR. I havnt tried one yet, but from what I heard, Hoosiers hook up faster and lose grip later in the race, whereas ARs take a bit of time to come in but stay there the whole race. I'm with DAD though, they're about the same and cheaper. And new is always better. I buy take offs from midget teams, and they all run Hoosiers. So that's what I run.

3/30/15, 11:08 PM   #7
kiewitt racin

We run AR on our Tq here n Indiana.I think the AR works better n dry slik hoosiers on wet heavy

3/30/15, 11:39 PM   #8
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Guys here (Indiana) win on AR. I havnt tried one yet, but from what I heard, Hoosiers hook up faster and lose grip later in the race, whereas ARs take a bit of time to come in but stay there the whole race. I'm with DAD though, they're about the same and cheaper. And new is always better. I buy take offs from midget teams, and they all run Hoosiers. So that's what I run.
cmi

Them guys could win on WoodYears !!

Honest Dad himself

3/31/15, 7:00 AM   #9
treecitytornado

I love American Racer Tires for sure! We use them on our Sprint Car stuff and they work great!
We used to run the SD44 on the Right Rear when I raced Mini-Sprints and I think that is a great choice for you and even a 48 if it is abrasive. Left rears either a 33 or 38. Right Front 44. Left front 38. I believe this will get you going!
Sipe the right rears if slow slick.

Good Luck!

J.T.

4/2/15, 1:40 PM   #10
DAVE BOOS

Thanks for the info guys! Dave

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier vs. American racer