IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pavement S/C ?
3/30/15, 10:20 PM   #1
Pavement S/C ?
PatrickMead#13

Ok, I'm going on a public forum admitting I don't know a lot about pavement sc's so here we go. Can a silver crown be ran in the little 500 or similar races? Reason I ask is because the little 500 is a bucket list race for me and there is a silver crown pavement car for sale here in Ohio for a ridiculously low amount of money. Just seeing what the opinions of many of you in the know would be. Thank you for your time.

3/31/15, 6:28 AM   #2
PAW

Really?

3/31/15, 8:01 AM   #3
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Ok, I'm going on a public forum admitting I don't know a lot about pavement sc's so here we go. Can a silver crown be ran in the little 500 or similar races? Reason I ask is because the little 500 is a bucket list race for me and there is a silver crown pavement car for sale here in Ohio for a ridiculously low amount of money. Just seeing what the opinions of many of you in the know would be. Thank you for your time.
Just realized I forgot one word that screws this whole thread up. Can silver crown PARTS be used? I know the frames are two different animals. Thanks

3/31/15, 9:28 AM   #4
Re: Pavement S/C ?
Tony74

Front and rear end parts are similar. But there are currently a lot of pavement sprint cars rollers/kits/complete for sale at good prices too.

3/31/15, 4:10 PM   #5
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

It's probably doable but I probably wouldnt. Getting the wheel base within the rules would be a big challenge.

3/31/15, 6:31 PM   #6
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Pat, looking at the rules on the entry form, even if you DID use the S/C frame along with the components it appears the only thing you'd need to lose is the clutch. There's a maximum offset & overall width but no wheelbase rule, minimum or maximum.
Don't let the naysayers kill your dream, bud.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13
3/31/15, 8:26 PM   #7
sprint29

Aaron Pierce used a clutch and air jacks

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cmakin
4/2/15, 2:01 PM   #8
wbr

I think the clutch's are illegal once more. The biggest challenge you would face running a silver crown is getting that thing to turn on the tight corners. You likely wouldn't make the 33 car field if the competition is anything like the past few years. Last year was a real stout field of cars and this year looks to be even better.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pavement S/C ?