IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Evansville Speedrome
5/1/14, 2:29 AM   #21
cbaumeyer48

I live on N st Joe ave about 5 miles north of diamond.... If any of you have pics or video of the old St Joe speedway, please post! I grew up a block off St Joe and had no idea till this thread!

5/2/14, 9:31 PM   #22
Re: Evansville Speedrome
The Fanthom

Race Count This Year: 1

The St Joe track was located about where AAA salvage is at now.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/29/15, 7:15 PM   #23
ivanjerome88

We've now put together the history of auto racing is Evansville, IN and the Tri-State area from 1900-1950 that includes these tracks and about 40 others. If you have any pictures, memorabilia, video's, etc.. from that time frame that you would be willing to let us use in the book, please contact me either on here, or on FB at drivinivan88 or email me at drivinivan at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

3/30/15, 7:34 AM   #24
PAW

I have an old program that belong to my dad, I need to fine it.

1 member likes this post: ivanjerome88
3/30/15, 8:56 PM   #25
ivanjerome88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
I have an old program that belong to my dad, I need to fine it.
Do you remember what track and year?

3/31/15, 5:38 AM   #26
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjerome88 View Post
Do you remember what track and year?
Speedrome yr? I'll see if I can find it.

3/31/15, 7:47 AM   #27
ivanjerome88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Speedrome yr? I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks Paw!

4/2/15, 5:50 PM   #28
Sprintcar41

I lived about a mile from the Speedrome location and remember what was left of the grandstands from when I was a kid. My Dad sold popcorn at the speedrome as his first job and later had a car that he ran there. I beleive we have several pictures from racing there in the late 50's. I would have to dig through and scan them in. Dad later went on to race sprints at Haubstadt, Marion, and Benton. I have tons of pics from the late 50's through around 1979 when he drove his last race.

4/2/15, 9:07 PM   #29
ivanjerome88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcar41 View Post
I lived about a mile from the Speedrome location and remember what was left of the grandstands from when I was a kid. My Dad sold popcorn at the speedrome as his first job and later had a car that he ran there. I beleive we have several pictures from racing there in the late 50's. I would have to dig through and scan them in. Dad later went on to race sprints at Haubstadt, Marion, and Benton. I have tons of pics from the late 50's through around 1979 when he drove his last race.
Let me know what you can come up with. I would like to use some good quality pics to include in the book, especially pre war pics since they are the hardest to find. I have been given access to several families racing pics so far including Gene Alldredge (1940-@1952), Bugs Hayhurst (1940-@1950), several older collections from other racing historians dating from 1913-1934, and I have meeting set up with another racing family that raced from 1950-around1970 I think. Anything will help. You can contact me thru email of FB for fastest response, or on here. Thanks!

6/2/15, 6:47 PM   #30
ivanjerome88

For those interested in auto racing history, I will be giving a presentation on the History of Auto and Motorcycle Racing in Evansville, IN and the Tri-State Area from 1900-1950 on Saturday June 27th at 10 am at the Willard Library in Evansville, IN during their annual Midnight Madness event. It has a ton of interesting info and many never before seen pics from racing in this area during that time frame. The event is free and open to the public. The event is scheduled the last about 45 mins, so you will have plenty of time to still get up to Tri-State Speedway for the MSCS non wing and MOWA winged sprints show. Click on the link below for more info or reservations, or you can contact me on FB at drivininivan88 or via email at drivinivan at yahoo.com Reservations are suggested but not required. Thanks!

http://www.willard.lib.in.us/calenda...p?eventID=1211

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, oljonesy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Evansville Speedrome