IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank You Kevin and Tammy Gundaker
10/7/13, 12:51 AM   #1
Thank You Kevin and Tammy Gundaker
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

A big thank you to Kevin and Tammy Gundaker for running the final night of the Gold Crown tonight. With the weather problems last night and the prospect of a cold Sunday night race, the financially safe thing for them to do would have been to forget it and hope for better weather next year. The fact that they didn't take the easy way out is one of the things that puts them head and shoulders above many race track operators who are not really promoters. I believe that running the show tonight proves that they will do whatever they can to complete a show if it is humanly possible. Not only did we have a race, it was spectacular! Thanks again, Kevin and Tammy!

10/7/13, 6:06 AM   #2
Re: Thank You Kevin and Tammy Gundaker
BrentTFunk

Even though I could not stay for the finale I agree, and will return to the Gold Crown.

10/7/13, 6:13 AM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

Wish I could have stayed,but going to work on a couple hours sleep isnt to much fun.

Had a great time over there this weekend though. Cant wait for it next year. Hopefully it will be 3 days of nice temperatures like Thursday and Friday and no rain.

10/7/13, 8:02 AM   #4
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Had a great week . Monica lost her wedding ring under the stands , had 25 people looking for it . Tammy had called her crew to help look for it . she found it . Thank Tammy , see you next year .

10/7/13, 10:28 AM   #5
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

Great Event, thanks to the Gundaker's for making this event one of the highlights of the year!

4 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, sw1911
10/7/13, 3:04 PM   #6
johnnythunderhead
Banned

this is what being a race promoter exemplifies/ way to g gundackers, your races are a long ways from home for me, but i'll set out with a feeling of confidence to your events!

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, MRAY3
10/7/13, 8:32 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

Hey Johnny, what did you think of the track. I think it is a nice place.

10/7/13, 10:30 PM   #8
1BIGracefan

I love the Gold Crown Midget Nationals. I've been to 4 of the 5 had to leave on Saturday. Gold Crown is my last race of the year I couldn't think of any better place to end my season than Tri-City Speedway. Thank you Gundakers for giving me fantastic winter send-off.

3 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan
10/7/13, 11:22 PM   #9
DiehardRaceFan

Race Count Last Year: 72

Thank you Kevin and Tammy for giving Central Illinois a HUGE midget crown jewel event!! You guys really do it right every year.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan
10/8/13, 9:55 AM   #10
dirtnut

Thank you Tammy and Kevin for another great Gold Crown Nationals. The both of you and your entire staff worked so hard to get the entire show in for the drivers and fans. Already waiting to hear the dates for next year's show. If you come to the Chili Bowl, I will buy you an adult beverage. Can't wait to come back to Tri-City next year. Again, thank you both.

2 members like this post: billwill7, dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank You Kevin and Tammy Gundaker