IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race cancelled
3/29/18, 12:20 PM   #1
Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race cancelled
admin

3/29/18 11:50 AM LAWRENCEBURG USAC SPRINT RACE CANCELLED

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...race-cancelled

LAWRENCEBURG USAC SPRINT RACE CANCELLED

Lawrenceburg, Indiana………Wet grounds and a less than desirable weather forecast leading up to race day, and on race day, have forced cancellation of this Saturday’s Midwest opener for the USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship at Lawrenceburg Speedway.

“As much as we want to get the season started, there is just no way to get our facility in racing condition for Saturday,” Lawrenceburg Speedway promoter Dave Rudisell said.* “Unfortunately, the forecast calls for rain every day including Saturday, and we’ve already had rain every day this week.”

The event was to have been the 60th series event held at the southeastern Indiana dirt oval, one of seven venues to have reached that mark.* The series will return on July 22 for the 31st annual edition of “Indiana Sprint Week” and on September 29 for the “Fall Nationals.”* Additionally, the USAC P1 Insurance Midget National Championship makes its lone visit of the season on June 2.

The AMSOIL National Sprints get back on the trail April 21 at Indiana’s Montpelier Motor Speedway.* Cullman, Alabama’s Kevin Thomas, Jr. leads the standings heading into the event.* Chase Stockon and Tyler Courtney (twice) won the first three events of the season in February at Ocala, Florida.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/29/18, 1:11 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race cancelled
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

This blows and there is nobody to blame, Just mother nature. Rain every day this week and forecast for sometime of every day for the next few days. Ground is absolutely soggy.

Guess I'll make two next week if they can get em in. NWO and Burg.
Still waiting on Florence decision, might be able to catch some LM's but as soggy as everything is. That's a big if too.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Gregg
3/29/18, 1:17 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Hate to hear this, but I appreciate the early call.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, PJ Wright, tirespinner
3/29/18, 1:19 PM   #4
Gregg

Eventually we will get this weather thing straightened out. Last week 3+ inches of snow this week we've had so much rain we are beginning to grow fins.

3/29/18, 4:06 PM   #5
revjimk

At least 2 or 3 times in my travels, I've been to Terre Haute for races, rained out every time. At least they have an Indian restaurant I really like & a good Y to swim laps...
Too bad there's so little sprint racing in Colorado... hardly EVER rains
Last edited by revjimk; 3/29/18 at 4:07 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
3/31/18, 7:00 PM   #6
merice

I was just wondering why next week was not used to make up tonight's race ? Other than being opening night now for Lawrenceburg it don't seem to be a special race . Or even the week after moving scouts night to another date . The next race for USAC AMSOIL National Sprint is April 21.( I see now . Sorry .)
Last edited by merice; 3/31/18 at 7:12 PM. Reason: No facts

3/31/18, 7:08 PM   #7
merice

hi

3/31/18, 7:09 PM   #8
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by merice View Post
I was just wondering why next week was not used to make up tonight's race ? Other than being opening night now for Lawrenceburg it don't seem to be a special race . Or even the week after moving scouts night to another date . The next race for USAC AMSOIL National Sprint is April 21.
phoenix

4/1/18, 9:42 AM   #9
Built-N-Stagger

Will there be a rain date for this?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race cancelled