IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Updates On How The Silver Crown Car Count
3/5/13, 7:30 PM   #1
Any Updates On How The Silver Crown Car Count
miledirt

Hoping that with additional races and rule changes we can get at least back to the low 30's

Posted via Mobile Device

3/5/13, 10:46 PM   #2
fasster23

Our plans are to run the 3 miles this year but we are still in search of a marketing partner to come on board.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/6/13, 1:31 AM   #3
Re: Any Updates On How The Silver Crown Car Count
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Hoping that with additional races and rule changes we can get at least back to the low 30's

Posted via Mobile Device
I was wondering the same thing. My guess would be high teens to low twentys. That may be as good as it gets.

3/6/13, 2:41 PM   #4
team3521

This would be awesome if they did return to some glory days. I would also wish that the STUPID half way red flag would be abolished and have it never come back. The drivers that save their tires and run a smart race is who win that type of race and that is what I loved about Silver Crown racing.

In my opinion, USAC and it's promoters have done nothing but hurt this series over and over agian and I really wish that someone with a brain and some common sense could run the show. STOP making changes and people will bring their cars out to race.
I still cannot believe that they changed to Thursday night for the Hoosier 100. That in my opinion is going to hurt the attendance of the ordinary fan. No fans in the stands, no future races! duh! I loved taking a Friday off of work that weekend and driving down to watch that race and then having the choice of either the little 500 or the Night before the 500 on Saturday night. What an awesome weekend for an open wheel fan. Not anymore!

4 members like this post: DaveP63, ISF, Max Revs, PAW
3/6/13, 7:31 PM   #5
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
This would be awesome if they did return to some glory days. I would also wish that the STUPID half way red flag would be abolished and have it never come back. The drivers that save their tires and run a smart race is who win that type of race and that is what I loved about Silver Crown racing.
The Silver Crown series did not use the half-way red flag at all last season.

I am a big supporter of this series because of its uniqueness and heritage, but I am still a fan of the current series as well. I attended eight of the races last year and plan on making it to at least six this year. I took a group of six people to their first Silver Crown race at Springfield last year and they thought it was just about the best thing they've ever seen.

This series does have hope and I sincerely hope that the fans, teams, the promoters, and USAC will support this division and get it back to where it should be. I don't think I am asking for too much: 30 cars, mostly full grandstands, and great racing.

3/6/13, 9:38 PM   #6
SpfldMile

Great post! My sentiments too. 🏁

Posted via Mobile Device

3/7/13, 11:07 AM   #7
dirtnut

I remember back in my younger days going to DuQuoin for Labor Day weekend. Twin 50s on Saturday for the midgets, USAC stock cars on Sunday and then the Champ Cars on Monday. This was a time when the races on the dirt mile tracks counted toward the USAC National Title. Drivers for these races included Foyt, Andretti, A. Unser, McElreath, Bettenhausen, Rutheford, Saldana, Dickson, Vogler and many more. Those were the glory days of Champ car racing. Oh excuse me, Silver Crown racing.

7 members like this post: billwill7, dirt330, racing2bwithu2, red22, scracer55, sw1911, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Updates On How The Silver Crown Car Count