Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larsons chassis
9/23/12, 4:32 PM   #11
jamesmotorsportz

Thanks for the info

Posted via Mobile Device

9/23/12, 4:50 PM   #12
on_the_edge

Mitch was driving a maxim i believe and it held together very well for the impact he received.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
9/23/12, 5:29 PM   #13
Re: Larsons chassis
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
Thanks Jerry for the info,thank god it wasn't a Maxim, the way some of them come apart, that could've been an ugly outcome.
Mitch was in a Maxim

9/23/12, 5:37 PM   #14
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Mitch was driving a maxim i believe and it held together very well for the impact he received.

Posted via Mobile Device
I've had two of them fold up like beer cans before in wrecks that weren't that bad.Tubes that have broken out right at the welds and didn't even bend the tubing, that you could've ground off the old weld and welded the piece right back in place.I'm not saying all Maxims do that,but I do believe they have gotten so big that sometimes the quality isn't as good,maybe some of the welders they have aren't as good as some of the others that work there.I know we are selling all our Maxims and have been running an A.R.T Chassis and believe me the welds and workmanship blow Maxim away.I work for Matt Mitchell and after he flipped down the frontstrait at Terre Haute the A.R.T car was badly bent but not one weld broke and no tubing was ripped apart and I don't think I'd be able to say that had he been in a Maxim. (JMO) I was just glad to hear that both drivers didn't suffer any serious injuries, as that is what is the most important thing to come from this wreck.

9/23/12, 9:22 PM   #15
treecitytornado

Well the Maxim I was in, held up very well at Terre Haute. On the other hand, I have seen a triple X,fold up easy in the cage area at Putnamville in 2010. I think all chassis can do that, when they are hit just right.

J.T. Stapp

Posted via Mobile Device

9/24/12, 12:53 AM   #16
cowboyhar69

It was the Chalk coil car. The Triple X 4 bar car was run at Ocala, Little Rock and West Memphis with Brady driving. T-Mez also drove the Triple X car last week at Haubstadt.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

9/24/12, 5:21 AM   #17
hoosierdaddy

Why do people always start pointing fingers to how safe every car is when there is a hard hit? I've seen almost every manufacturer break really bad, it's impossible to prevent what kind of impact a car might take!!! What I find funny is I bet some of you who are so "safety concerned" with your cars...do you run safety(chicken) bars on the side of your cage? Do you have an extra hoop across the top of your cage to prevent someone driving down your spine? Of course you don't, you wouldn't want to give up any flex and having handling issues! IF ALL DRIVERS,MANUFACTURERS,OWNERS, etc. wanted to be safe, there would be a hell of a lot more gussets and bracing going on in a sprint car!

9/24/12, 7:02 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The accident and the aftermath. Kyle's sore and has a badly bruised ankle according to tweets. Mitch says his knew and elbow are badly swollen. But overall both are very blessed or lucky or both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=XvLUixFNSNg#!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, tamati
9/24/12, 11:30 AM   #19
dirtnut

Thankfully both Kyle and Mitch are okay, except for some bumps and bruises. It could have been much worse for one or both of them.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
9/24/12, 12:26 PM   #20
RGraves

The Chalk has taken a beating. Isn't that the car that had been clipped several times? Scary deal, glad Kyle and Wismiller are well.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larsons chassis