IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Look What Happens
7/4/22, 10:40 AM   #1
Look What Happens
flagboy55

50 cars plus at LPS when some cooperation between tracks happens. Big car counts and large crowds. Conversely, Indiana tracks taking a swing at USAC this weekend by running 5 grand to win races at Gas City and Kokomo, against the USAC Nationals at Husets. To be clear, I would have no problem with them running regular shows because a lot of locals most likely wouldn’t make the trip anyway, but to run specials is blatant disrespect to the sanction that probably provides these tracks with their biggest races of the year

7/4/22, 11:15 AM   #2
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I disagree. Over 800 miles between tracks,I dont see any disrespect. Those two tracks running against Sun Prairie last week maybe. On the other hand I wouldnt have had a issue with Lburg or Haubstad running last week.JMO
Last edited by mc/rider; 7/4/22 at 11:16 AM.

7/4/22, 11:50 AM   #3
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Flagboy let me start by saying your entitled to your thoughts and opinions just like anyone is. If you have ever read any of my post, especially from last night, I lost my Dad 1 year ago today. No you dont have to say your sorry, my point with that is I'm in no shape or mood to argue, bicker, debate, any of that.

However, maybe I'm mistaken your post but I dont think so, I read it a couple times. I also know from your previous post, your heading to SD, and likely excited, rightfully so, I would be too. That's awesome, I wish I could go but no way in heck can I with it being prefair week, 4H, and me now being my niece's go to since my Dad, her papaw is gone. I hope you have a great trip and great time and great racing.

But with what your saying, let me tell you this...GC this Friday, is the 5TH ANNUAL Jerry Gappens Sr. Classic. Mr. Gappens Jr. already had this scheduled for this date before USAC announced their schedule for 2022, and he took the Eldora job. Also The Darland Memorial at Kokomo has been ran since at least 2004 that I know of, minus Covid. Husset's on the other hand has only been on the USAC schedule for what 2 seasons now?

I can guarantee you that Mr. Gappens and The O'connor Family DID NOT deliberately schedule against Husset's and USAC. They are not that kind of people nor do they operate and run business that way. With that said, do some of the Southern Indiana tracks schedule against each other on purpose competing for business, cars, fans, absolutely they do and yes it does drive car counts down.

On top of that, the USAC drivers are gonna go USAC, most the local drivers are gonna stay home and go to local shows. It's been that way all season. Most USAC regulars have traveled the USAC tour, most locals have stayed local. GC and Kokomo having Memorial races this next coming weekend is not gonna affect Husset's. Husset's is not gonna affect GC and Kokomo. Maybe a couple cars here or there but no significant differences.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 7/4/22 at 11:52 AM.

7/4/22, 11:56 AM   #4
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
50 cars plus at LPS when some cooperation between tracks happens. Big car counts and large crowds. Conversely, Indiana tracks taking a swing at USAC this weekend by running 5 grand to win races at Gas City and Kokomo, against the USAC Nationals at Husets. To be clear, I would have no problem with them running regular shows because a lot of locals most likely wouldn’t make the trip anyway, but to run specials is blatant disrespect to the sanction that probably provides these tracks with their biggest races of the year
Without doing any research aren't you the same poster that went on the same rant last year and a year or two before with the Cornbelt Nationals? Nothing is said when the Eastern Storm is running.
I'll bet the ones running Friday & Saturday will be happy to be open & Welcome competitors & fans a like.
BTW we will be at both tracks this coming weekend and home Sunday Night to watch the Husets on Sunday Night.
Oh,BTW if you haven't been to Mt Rushmore,you'll be pretty close.🏁🏁

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/4/22, 1:09 PM   #5
Re: Look What Happens
BrentTFunk

I Don't think this weekend is as big of a deal. I do think Promoters should respect other tracks higher paying shows within the state. This past weekend shows it makes a huge difference. Husets could really use some guys within the upper Midwest to support them. I probably would have went, if it was the same weekend as last year. Just for the record the USAC schedule was out first.

7/4/22, 1:13 PM   #6
opnwhlmnd

Mt Rushmore is 375 miles west of Brandon, South Dakota

5 members like this post: ginblueearth, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/4/22, 1:26 PM   #7
flagboy55

First I do not mind being corrected if I am wrong. But to my recollection, I don’t ever remember the Darland or the Gas City race being 5K to win MSCS shows. Like I said I wouldn’t have a problem with a regular show. If I’m not mistaken, The USAC Nationals is paying 12K to win and a thousand to start. A very good payout for a genre that needs more EVENTS. I just believe that now you might have a few teams that might stay local and take a shot at five grand. A typical local purse is a lot less enticing. And for what it’s worth I was sitting next to my Dad almost exactly 2 months ago as he took his last breath. Part of why I’m going is I know he would want me to
Last edited by flagboy55; 7/4/22 at 1:29 PM.

7/4/22, 1:38 PM   #8
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Without doing any research aren't you the same poster that went on the same rant last year and a year or two before with the Cornbelt Nationals? Nothing is said when the Eastern Storm is running.
I'll bet the ones running Friday & Saturday will be happy to be open & Welcome competitors & fans a like.
BTW we will be at both tracks this coming weekend and home Sunday Night to watch the Husets on Sunday Night.
Oh,BTW if you haven't been to Mt Rushmore,you'll be pretty close.����
Dirtfan you may want to look at a map it's a full day's drive from Husets . To the Black Hills and Mt Rushmore
Last edited by ginblueearth; 7/4/22 at 1:45 PM.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
7/4/22, 1:39 PM   #9
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Mt Rushmore is 375 miles west of Brandon, South Dakota
We drove 12 hours to Huset’s last year. With the way this crazy world is, we may not get back out there so we decided what’s another 5 hours to see a historical monument which happened to be the coolest thing I think we’ve ever seen. Beautiful country out there. If you can, take the extra time to explore — May never get that way again.

7/4/22, 1:42 PM   #10
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Dirtfan you may want to look at map it's a full day's drive from Husets . To the Black Hills and Mt Rushmore
Did it last year Bub,ring up Devils Tower in Wyoming also.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Look What Happens