IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Ogara DQ?
8/23/16, 7:36 AM   #1
Kyle Ogara DQ?
Shreffler21

Does anyone know what was wrong with his rr tire to be dq'd for a second place finish with only 8 cars ?

8/23/16, 2:05 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Ogara DQ?
chop

We left as the midget race was ending. The 1 hour 4 cylinder race and the drying of the track put us out past our bedtime. So do not know. It was fun to watch the top 4 midget cars race side by side at the start. What type of engine did he use. He was able to start the engine and drive off from a stop.

8/23/16, 3:20 PM   #3
MIracing

I believe it is a Ford Focus.

8/23/16, 3:44 PM   #4
sprintracer82

Kyles engine is a Honda racing Midget engine.

1 member likes this post: MIracing
8/23/16, 4:03 PM   #5
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintracer82 View Post
Kyles engine is a Honda racing Midget engine.
Thanks for clarifying. I knew Focus engines could start on their own. I do remember seeing him have Honda on his midget at Ft. Wayne. Never know if it's just a sponsor or the actual engine these days though.

8/23/16, 6:06 PM   #6
Re: Kyle Ogara DQ?
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I knew Focus engines could start on their own. I do remember seeing him have Honda on his midget at Ft. Wayne. Never know if it's just a sponsor or the actual engine these days though.

It was the old USAC Honda HDP midget powered car and they have starters on board. We allow both the Honda HDP and the Old Ford Focus cars in the series. The majority of the cars was powered by the stock block Ecotec 2.4L engines. We us the same engine rules as the D2 dirt series do however we also allow other engines like the older national engines with some restrictions in place to keep them equal to the rest of the cars.

The DQ was due to an illegal tires on his car. The driver done everything right and even contacted me prior to the race to ensure he ordered the correct tires. Unfortunately he had the wrong tires shipped to him when he ordered them and did not check them before putting them on the car. It was a honest mistake however we have to enforce the rules to ensure a fair and competitive race and to also keep the cost of racing down. A complete set of these American Racer tires cost under $400 and can get a few races on them prior to needing to replace the rear tire(s) and the front can last most if not the entire season.

This is a very affordable way to enter open wheel pavement racing with the Ecotec engines you can buy under $500 from a salvage yard and with just a little work is race ready.

Would like to invite everyone over to our Facebook page it has rules and news about our series on it.

https://www.facebook.com/ILLINIMidwe...homepage_panel

www.illinimidgets.com

2 members like this post: jdull99, sjracer26
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Ogara DQ?