IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is it true
6/4/12, 8:30 AM   #1
Is it true
JEFFSTOY

Does anyone know if bloomington will be reshaped into a 3/8ths mile track next year?

6/4/12, 8:41 AM   #2
Re: Is it true
kingmod5

What have you heard?

6/4/12, 8:55 AM   #3
Jerry Shaw

I don't know about that. Turning it into a 3/8th sounds a little extreme. What I heard Danny Roberts say in an interview was that they wanted to widen it out some. It was too late, at that point, to do it this year. So they would probably do it in the off season, at the end of this season.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/4/12, 8:57 AM   #4
old timer

With high banks and big ol walls,no I haven't heard anything but it's a good thing to start!!!

6/4/12, 9:06 AM   #5
Gee2

put a wall around it... please!!!

6/4/12, 9:30 AM   #6
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

I would hate to see any major changes to beautiful Bloomington Speedway. Right now Bloomington is one of the finest race tracks in the country, the viewing is perfect, the track seems to fit the drivers, concessions are great, and everything works. My only trouble there is making the climb to the facilities, so maybe an escalator would be nice. With the advancement of housing areas near the track, i think management at Bloomington would be wise not to stir the pot with expansion and not give them more reason to complain. Funny thing isn't it, move next door to a race track and then complain about the noise. See you at Bloomington June 8th for another one of our money saving HARF nights. Show your "current" membership card at the ticket booth for 1/2 off general admission, bob

---------- Post added at 9:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 AM ----------

NO WALLS! all walls do is destroy more equipment for the owners & create a barrier for the dust to shoot up off of (Eldora, a good example). At Bloomington, with its natural run off areas, a car goes off track and can still keep it fired up and rejoin the race, with a wall, it's a yellow flag and destroyed equipment. At my last visit to Eldora (a few years ago) the dust shooting up from the wall was so thick, you couldn't see a single car, made for a great 4 crown. JMHO, don't change a thing, Bloomington is a natural. bob

6/4/12, 9:43 AM   #7
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I can understand trying to make it a bit wider, but if they make any major changes they will hurt the track more then help it IMO. NO wall, most drivers don't like walls as they tear up equipment. I think bloomington is just fine how it is.

6/4/12, 10:43 AM   #8
Rpracing1

If you widen it , it will become an exact circle.........Race tracks need straight-a-ways.

2 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, Xflagman
6/4/12, 10:53 AM   #9
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I don't make it down to Bloomington a lot..but I love the track! Its unique in its own way. If you put a wall on the track its def going to tear up some equipment. I love wide open race tracks..putting the right rear right on the edge and running wide open. I really hope they don't change to much.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, Xflagman
6/4/12, 10:58 AM   #10
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I get there once a year, twice if I'm lucky, but I can't say I've ever seen anything short of fantastic racing every time I'm there! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

5 members like this post: billw, Eatin Dirt, HARFprez, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is it true