IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is it true
6/4/12, 4:41 PM   #11
Re: Is it true
bigq11

10-4 on no wall and on the ESCALATOR!!!!

4 members like this post: mowerman, spicoli, Xflagman
6/4/12, 4:43 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I've seen great side by side for 30-40 lap racing here several times. But Not recently. At least not in 8 of my last ten visits. It's more like the old Burg was with the most patcience to stay on the bottom wins instead of being able to blast and go forward if you want to try.

One reason I don't miss the old Burg a bit. Not huggy pole 90 percent of the time.

1 member likes this post: Gee2
6/4/12, 5:54 PM   #13
Sprintcarfanatic

The Hoosier Fall Classic was 1 of the best races I ever seen whenever I went down there for it. 1 of the best was when Gary Wright came from 21st or 23rd. Have not been down there in a few years. Did meet Dave at Waynesfield a year or so ago, Pretty nice guy.

6/4/12, 6:51 PM   #14
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

For the love of God don't put a f@$king wall around it

Posted via Mobile Device

6/4/12, 7:06 PM   #15
SDHill89

I like the track how it is but I'd like to see them do something with the concrete grandstands

3 members like this post: dirt330, rdzsprint, Xflagman
6/4/12, 7:16 PM   #16
fasterthanu

Fix or do whatever you want with the facilities, but please don't change the track, it's an awesome place to race or see a race.

2 members like this post: Chastain75
6/4/12, 8:32 PM   #17
hairracer44

I'll take it as a rumor, the track is fine the way it is and should be left alone in my opinion. We do we always think a change will make things better, the racing is good and it is a fun track to drive. Let don't get NASCARitis and think we have to change a track to make racing better.

Not to mention it's a dirt track, it changes on its own in a night of racing. Isn't the enough to make things exciting....

6/4/12, 9:10 PM   #18
BrentTFunk

I think if they widened it a little, that would be ok, but I wouldnt change it much. 3/8 would be a car count killer. I really don't see a need for a wall, as there is plenty of run off room. That would be costly to put a wall up.

6/4/12, 10:34 PM   #19
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Back in the mid 90's I remember there used to be a lip at the top of the track that the guys used to lean on. Back then it was always two grooves, one on the lip, the other on the huggy pole. I was told Mike got rid of the lip because it tripped too many cars. I say bring the lip back. Let the drivers decide if it's too treacherous to run. Only the brave should win anyway. Just like Hewitt used to say" If you got to run the bottom, you might as well get a 40 hour a week job"!

6/4/12, 10:37 PM   #20
Eatin Dirt

I agree with one of the post above, make it a little wider but please don't mess with the rest of it. Work on the concrete grandstands would be good, the new seats down in 4 are awesome. I drive up from Aurora about every other Friday, I love watching races there. I guess I still long for the Old Burg. I know I just opened myself up for some crap with that last line. Oh Well.......

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is it true