IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ARCA @ Salem
5/1/11, 4:16 PM   #1
ARCA @ Salem
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I just saw on ARCA live timing and scoring that a couple of open wheel grads Tom Hessert & Dakota Armstrong finished 7th & 8th. Congrats guys.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/1/11, 4:24 PM   #2
Re: ARCA @ Salem
richie

And I know everyone is on the edge of their seats to see where Milka finished. She finished 17th out of the 29 cars!!

5/1/11, 5:03 PM   #3
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
And I know everyone is on the edge of their seats to see where Milka finished. She finished 17th out of the 29 cars!!
That's not half bad on a bullring...

5/1/11, 5:06 PM   #4
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
That's not half bad on a bullring...
72 laps down though. It will be fun to see her at DuQuoin and Springfield later on in the year.

Nice runs by Hessert and Armstrong.

5/1/11, 5:11 PM   #5
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
I don't want to risk my short track cred looking like a Milk and Donuts fan, but the ARCA short track races can be a wreck fest with a lot of street stock quality cars.

While Hessert did finish 7th he was the last car on the lead lap, Armstrong was two laps down. It almost looks like only 12 cars finished the race.

I really hope Toledo is better then that in two weeks.

5/1/11, 5:13 PM   #6
koolaid89

Quote:
72 laps down though. It will be fun to see her at duquoin and springfield later on in the year.

nice runs by hessert and armstrong.
ouch...

5/1/11, 10:02 PM   #7
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Not a fan nor a big deal one way or the other, but Milka was in 7th place on the lead lap on lap number 134 according to ARCA live timing and scoring. Either an accident or mechanical problems must have sidelined her.

Salem can be rough on equipment as the track surface is in need of replacement. I realize that they put a bunch of bucks into the short track and that the big 1/2 mile will eventually get a new racing surface. Just saying that it can takes it's toll on race cars.

We were there a couple of weeks ago for the MSXSS winged warriors and it ate up some of the lighter sprint cars as well. It can be a tough place to get around normally but now it seems even more difficult.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/1/11, 10:27 PM   #8
rickyimatard

Say-leem be barry barry tuff place to race!

1 member likes this post: fasterthanu
5/1/11, 10:32 PM   #9
fasterthanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyimatard View Post
Say-leem be barry barry tuff place to race!

Thanks for that one!! LOL

5/2/11, 7:17 AM   #10
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Without having been at the race myself, I have no idea what happened. The photos I have seen on Facebook show Milka by herself with the hood pushed up. Then there is a shot of Trust Fund Timmy George and Tommy spun out, with Dakoda driving by with a crinkled car. Whether your family supports you or the government of Venezuela this series is stacked full of cash with a slight amount of talent mixed in.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ARCA @ Salem