IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Super secret test session at LPS?
9/24/12, 2:27 PM   #41
Re: Super secret test session at LPS?
Gene Franckowiak

My two cents says that if some of the "sprint car drivers" worked as hard at their chosen sport/living as they do on twitter, facebook, linkedin, and other social media perhaps they'd have more sponsors, secure rides, and not have to be crying "poor me" all the time.........just sayin'......this is not directed at one person but rather a general statement as seen by a car owner / sponsor / benefactor.

9/24/12, 2:40 PM   #42
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
My two cents says that if some of the "sprint car drivers" worked as hard at their chosen sport/living as they do on twitter, facebook, linkedin, and other social media perhaps they'd have more sponsors, secure rides, and not have to be crying "poor me" all the time.........just sayin'......this is not directed at one person but rather a general statement as seen by a car owner / sponsor / benefactor.
Not really sure where this statement is even going. As a race fan it is nice to have the drivers on Twitter. This lets us know where they are driving at and whats going on. Most of the drivers even interact with their fans on facebook and twitter. Do any of the drivers like to joke around on twitter or facebook yes but everyone does this. I do not think you are going to find any farmville masters or who scored the high score at 3:00 am on facebook.

Guess we could not have a thread without someone stirring the pot.

1 member likes this post: Dannypollock24
9/24/12, 2:50 PM   #43
cshuman

Hmmm, I guess since you threw in your "not directed to any one person" disclaimer, I shouldn't take offense to it.. But I will also say, that it probably isn't a great idea to speculate or judge anyone's work ethic, or what they have done and sacrificed to do what they do for a living and or hobby.. Unless you know them and have seen it first hand... Of course this is just a general statement, not directed to anyone in particular... : )

Posted via Mobile Device

9/24/12, 3:09 PM   #44
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Hmmm, I guess since you threw in your "not directed to any one person" disclaimer, I shouldn't take offense to it.. But I will also say, that it probably isn't a great idea to speculate or judge anyone's work ethic, or what they have done and sacrificed to do what they do for a living and or hobby.. Unless you know them and have seen it first hand... Of course this is just a general statement, not directed to anyone in particular... : )

Posted via Mobile Device
Very good post young man. We sold a car to somebody like this out east one time.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

9/24/12, 3:24 PM   #45
c47

if anything, the drivers and teams that use "social media" are using them to interact with fans, sponsors, ect, ect and IMO, its cool to see that happening.
kinda makes you feel like you know a little bit more about them and the things they are dealing with at the track and before and after the races rather than just what the press releases and media prints about them.....and that they are not just unapproachable stuck up snobs that dont have time for the people who come to see them race, buy their merch and follow their results.

"Of course this is just a general statement, not directed to anyone in particular... : )"
Last edited by c47; 9/24/12 at 3:26 PM.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, koolaid89, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/24/12, 4:51 PM   #46
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

I HEARD THAT THEY WERE GOING TO START A NEW SCRA GROUP ( senior citizen racing association ) FOR OLD GEEZERS OVER 50 --- DON`T LET THIS GET OUT OF THE BAG - IT IS A SECRET -

4 members like this post: Eldora Three, I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, SprintManDave
9/24/12, 5:27 PM   #47
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
4,424 views, 34 posts, and not one argument! See it is possible guys ; )

Posted via Mobile Device
Casey, I think you spoke too soon. I knew somebody would go negative, of course this is also a general comment not directed at anyone in particular.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, interpreter66
9/24/12, 5:58 PM   #48
Milly

C'mon, surely by now someone knows what and who the Super Secret test session was! Well... Maybe not. Lol.😇

Posted via Mobile Device

9/24/12, 6:03 PM   #49
Bill Gardner
Administrator

The flying jackwagon was turning a few laps. Does that clear things up?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Milly
9/24/12, 6:18 PM   #50
cshuman

Lmao

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: hairracer44
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Super secret test session at LPS?