IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 USAC Sprint schedule
12/14/13, 11:39 PM   #31
Re: 2014 USAC Sprint schedule
sprntr

Just a note to anyone planning on attending the June 21st Superior, Wisconsin race.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW. Grandma's Marathon is that same day in Duluth & Hotel space will be in short supply & EXPENSIVE!

See you there,

steiny

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, racegal
12/15/13, 2:09 PM   #32
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Maybe it's your turn?
I like Sunday's off!

12/15/13, 2:10 PM   #33
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
Not sure of who exactly is running it. I believe Kenny Brown will still be doing the promoting. Sounds like Fireman's Nationals has been moved to 4th of July weekend. Also sounds like IRA sprint cars will be making an appearance this year as well...
IRA? On a Sunday night?

12/15/13, 4:20 PM   #34
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
Just a note to anyone planning on attending the June 21st Superior, Wisconsin race.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW. Grandma's Marathon is that same day in Duluth & Hotel space will be in short supply & EXPENSIVE!

See you there,

steiny
Can someone fill us in on AMSOIL Speedway in Superior WI? It is rather obvious why they booked it, but what kind of track is it? The track web site doesn't mention banking, size, etc. Do they usually have a track upon which you can pass? Does it produce good racing? Are there nonwing racers in that part of the country? At 580 miles from Springfield, I would like to have a reasonable expectation of good racing. Thanks.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, racegal
12/15/13, 4:44 PM   #35
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I'll let Stealth87 take this one. I will say I was there late this fall watching a rare wing and non wing sprint show and there was plenty of passing. Not sure if this is the norm though! Brian gets there alot. He can probably answer better.
Hope to see you there!!!

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
12/15/13, 5:25 PM   #36
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Can someone fill us in on AMSOIL Speedway in Superior WI? It is rather obvious why they booked it, but what kind of track is it? The track web site doesn't mention banking, size, etc. Do they usually have a track upon which you can pass? Does it produce good racing? Are there nonwing racers in that part of the country? At 580 miles from Springfield, I would like to have a reasonable expectation of good racing. Thanks.
http://speedwaysonline.com/track/superior-speedway/

3/8 mile generally quite tacky. Usually excellent racing, though I haven't been there since the lastest Race Director took over.
Closest non-wing Sprint track 100 miles away, but they run what is basicly a B-Mod/Econo-mod motor with a 2-barrel carb.

steiny

1 member likes this post: racegal
12/15/13, 5:59 PM   #37
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks to both Susan and Steiny. Sounds like it is worth the trip. Might as well hit all three if I am coming up.

1 member likes this post: racegal
12/15/13, 6:27 PM   #38
staggerman

IRA winged 410's run Superior annually. The place is always pack and put on a great show. Here is the highlights from this year. USAC will be a great show just curious where they will get any other cars to support the show.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, racegal
12/15/13, 6:31 PM   #39
Stealth87

Yup this place is GREAT! Usually pretty wide. Red Clay stays pretty tacky all night. Banking is higher than this video shows. I am SUPER excited for USAC to make a trip to Superior! And as you can see, the fans PACK that place for open wheel shows. Its always standing room only come race time

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, fish, racegal
12/15/13, 8:56 PM   #40
Tim Watson

Might end up being a "snow out"

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 USAC Sprint schedule