IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/8/08, 12:27 PM   #61
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
Seadog

Could you ever have imagined a past USAC president ever coming onto this or any message board and starting a thread like this?:respect:

8/8/08, 12:28 PM   #62
Racer9bro

It seems that USAC did send out a very qualified representative to inspect this track prior to race date, the problem was this representative had already been told he would no longer have a job with USAC in the very near future so with that in mind it would seem quite possible that this USAC rep may and I use the word may strongly due to the passion this person has for the sport but he may have just pulled a big up yours to USAC and cleared the track as safe knowing full well it was not?

8/8/08, 12:28 PM   #63
sprintfan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
And honestly, thinking about it. The midget race was actually very good I thought. Sprint car race wasn't bad, Bland had em covered, that's for sure.

Not many cars left, but the racing was fantastic for what it was. Slidejobs all over the place, would be a good track to race on.

So did they have some cars actually race? What were the results? Did they run midgets without the USAC sanctioning? Did the sprints run too? Just curious. Thanks for any info:Steer

8/8/08, 12:38 PM   #64
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I dont think Bloomington should suffer because of another tracks safety concerns. Come on out to Bloomington tonight and enjoy a great show.

8/8/08, 12:42 PM   #65
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9bro View Post
It seems that USAC did send out a very qualified representative to inspect this track prior to race date, the problem was this representative had already been told he would no longer have a job with USAC in the very near future so with that in mind it would seem quite possible that this USAC rep may and I use the word may strongly due to the passion this person has for the sport but he may have just pulled a big up yours to USAC and cleared the track as safe knowing full well it was not?
I don't think that person would EVER consider doing that as he has FRIENDS that could be endangering themselves by competing on an unsafe track.

That is a ridiculous statement.

8/8/08, 12:45 PM   #66
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter25 View Post
And if the track announcer questioned the drivers' "manhood" for leaving, well. shame on him, too. Let's hope he was not justifying the track's position......

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
The track announcer was Pat Sullivan. Let me make this clear, it was not Pat Sullivan who made that statement about the drivers. It was Tony Barhorst.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/8/08, 12:52 PM   #67

it was deffinatly not pat. the only thing pat did was kept appologizing! should be an interesting winter

8/8/08, 12:55 PM   #68
Racer9bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
I don't think that person would EVER consider doing that as he has FRIENDS that could be endangering themselves by competing on an unsafe track.

As I stated in the post it is conceivable that he MAY have done this, and you missed my point entirely, what I was saying was IF he had done this it was knowing full well USAC would not run the show due to safety reasons and they would have to pull out on race day and look like a bunch of idiots in doing so. Looks to me like he may have played the card perfectly as you can see by this 7 page bash USAC thread.

8/8/08, 12:58 PM   #69
Flatrightrear

Gee, during ISW at L'Burg couldn't USAC have sent a guy up to Union Co. in one of the four "safety vehicles" just to check out the track? Very easy little day trip. Or how about having one of the four "safety vehicles" sidetrack, in the interest of safety, to Union Co. on the way to Gas City that Friday of ISW? No, they would rather use those vehicles to clutter up a race track after even the tiniest of turnovers. And USAC has been around how long? Seeya at Bloomington.

8/8/08, 1:03 PM   #70
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post

Seadog, I agree with every thing you said. The only thing I would add is that he also knows what an injured racer goes thru trying to put his life back together. He experienced that first hand. He would never okay an unsafe track and anyone that things he would is just plain nuts.

Patti

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week