IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #21 12/6/21 8:24 PM
Well Jim had a setback over the weekend and is back in the Hospital. He was scheduled for a procedure today and I haven't been able to find anything out yet. As soon as I do, I will let everyone know. I drove up to Encompass today and picked up his mail.
Big thanks goes out to Carson Garrett and his crew chief for sending package. They are a true class act. Also I picked up a small priority mail box and a card. I'm not sure if or when he will go back to Encompass, but will post when I find out.
If you have sent something last week please send me a message, so i can let you know if I've got it. If your wanting to send him something, you can send me a private message and I will give you my address and make sure he gets it. I think right now that is the safest option since September he's been a wondering nomadic Cowboy. Words can't express how much this all means to him.

Early Merry Christmas and bless you all

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
5 Likes: Dirtfan, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #22 12/11/21 9:39 PM
Jim will be moving to rehab facility in Indy on Monday. Will update when I know location and number.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, Dougherty20, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #23 12/18/21 9:08 PM
Jim is still at
Deaconess Gateway Hospital
C/O Jim Goerges room A517
4011 Gateway Blvd
Newburgh, IN 47630

Hospital operator can transfer your call. 812-842-2000

Do not know for how long. Everyday it seems plans get changed.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Grocery Guy, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #24 12/28/21 9:25 PM
Jim has been moved to;

WestRiver Health Campus
C/O Jim Goerges room 317
714 S Eickhoff Rd
Evansville, IN. 47712

No dedicated phone in room yet. Number to switchboard is 812-625-7167
This is a assisted living facility.

Thanks for your continued support!

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, Rcar, ronmil, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #25 12/29/21 3:55 PM
This is the first time I have viewed this thread because I thought it was meant primarily for the people stated in the title. I didn't know Jim had been going through all of this. He called me a few weeks ago while I was out shopping and we talked for quite awhile.
Sorry I am so late in viewing it.

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #26 1/1/22 4:48 PM
I just called and they said Jim is not there.

Ron Miller
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #27 1/1/22 5:10 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I just called and they said Jim is not there.
During dialysis yesterday, Jim passed out 3 times and was complaining of chest pain. He is back at Deaconess Midtown for observation. Hopefully for not to long.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: ronmil, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #28 1/5/22 10:41 PM
Any news on Jim?

Ron Miller
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #29 1/5/22 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Any news on Jim?
Wish I had better news. Jim has decided to stop dialysis. He’s tired of all the pain and issues he’s been going thru. Probably has a week left. He’s heavily medicated and resting. This is the toughest post I’ve ever made. Thanks to all that supported him and made his day brighter.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: nathans1012, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #30 1/5/22 11:06 PM
Dang, my heart sinks reading your post Bryan!! My thoughts and prayers are with Jim till God calls him home!! Prayers for you & his family, too!! 😥❤🙏🙏
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Indy1808, luckybuc97, Stevensville Mike, wildman92