IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unpaid CRA bounties
6/7/11, 1:54 PM   #21
Re: Unpaid CRA bounties
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
Good Memory there Vukie,on a side note,what really hindered Lealand was that whatever it was that hit the car had caved in the arm guard and had his right arm pinned between it and the seat. After the race he told me that he pretty much drove the rest of the race with one arm!
Man that guy was a Badass!
Terry, Did Frank have to pay the purse for one of tour races in that era? The promoter didn't pay off anybody after the races. I remember one of the races in 1990 had a problem in more ways than one.

1 member likes this post:
6/7/11, 2:15 PM   #22
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Terry, Did Frank have to pay the purse for one of tour races in that era? The promoter didn't pay off anybody after the races. I remember one of the races in 1990 had a problem in more ways than one.
Check your PM

6/7/11, 2:30 PM   #23
REH24

Quote:
Good Memory there Vukie,on a side note,what really hindered Lealand was that whatever it was that hit the car had caved in the arm guard and had his right arm pinned between it and the seat. After the race he told me that he pretty much drove the rest of the race with one arm!
Man that guy was a Badass!
I don't think I ever seen a smoother driver than Leland maybe Wolfgang that I can remember. He made that sprint car look so easy to drive when the CRA would hit the local tracks on their eastern swing.

REH

2 members like this post:
6/7/11, 2:32 PM   #24
tamati

what i remember is shuman took off at the start of feature like a bat out hell, had a huge lead and somthing broke. i dont think kinser,jones, or leland had anything for him. ronny was on a rail looking for the checkers.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69
6/7/11, 2:38 PM   #25
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_vennard54 View Post
Still.. what's the point of this line of discussion? Just to rekindle all the facts.. or is there a deeper purpose?
I'm enjoying some of these stories....brings back some good memories of some great races and GREAT drivers.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3 members like this post: bigq11, jim goerge
6/7/11, 2:42 PM   #26
Vukie

Quote:
Check your PM

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Greg Stephens has the CRA Tour dvds and the CRA race at Eldora 1990 for sale. http://www.motorsportvideo.com/content/openwheel.html

6/7/11, 2:48 PM   #27
tamati

when jerry meyer tore down the fence he took a light pole with him. scary dump but he walk away. good thing people wasnt sitting that low they might of got hit.

6/7/11, 3:00 PM   #28
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Greg Stephens has the CRA Tour dvds and the CRA race at Eldora 1990 for sale. http://www.motorsportvideo.com/content/openwheel.html
Yea I have the 91 and 92 tours on vhs,think that the one from 90 is floating around here somewhere. ROFLMAO at your PM

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamati View Post
when jerry meyer tore down the fence he took a light pole with him. scary dump but he walk away. good thing people wasnt sitting that low they might of got hit.
It's funny that Jerry's crash was brought up in this as me and Bruce Bromme Jr. was talking about that wreck just a few weeks ago.
Bruce and his Father owned the car that Jerry was driving that night,and yes that was a bad crash that luckily no one was injured.

6/7/11, 6:40 PM   #29
Chase Briscoe

My dad won at Lawrenceburg in 93. Was wondering if anyone had a video of that one.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
6/7/11, 8:15 PM   #30
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I sure miss those CRA tours and those beautiful California cars with the full size tail tanks. I loved the Frank Lewis #91 driven by Sweeney and McSpadden. I attended the tour dates at Granite City and Knoxville in 1989 and would love to get videos of those races. I would pay good bucks. It's still a shame they tore down Ascot. That really hurt out there.

2 members like this post: CRA91
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unpaid CRA bounties