IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
KingRandomUser (Offline)
  #21 1/26/19 4:05 AM
While it sucks not to have weekly racing much this year and perhaps next here in BTown, it's a good to see someone step in and bring in some much needed love for the facility. It's really needed some tlc for many years and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait to see things develop and improve for a grand full return in 2021.

Obviously this is a boon for Paragon who will no doubt take over the weekly Friday night role for Southern Indiana. It'll be interesting to see what happens here too once [and if] Bloomington goes back full time, but that bridge can be crossed in due time. Best case scenario would be these two tracks and Lincoln Park run Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for a nice 3 day race week for the area, and all within easy travel distance of each other.

Either way, I wish all the best to the new management and eagerly await each event and the rest of the 2019 season at all tracks in Indiana.
8 Likes: bigq11, Chief Wahoo, dirt330, Hammer, PAW, spicoli, superstock30, WinglessLovers
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #22 1/26/19 11:37 AM
Crap. I had the Bloomington MOWA race that was listed on the schedule for that series on May 17 on my list of races I wanted to get to this year. I guess that race is gone now.
bigq11 (Offline)
  #23 1/26/19 2:04 PM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
Crap. I had the Bloomington MOWA race that was listed on the schedule for that series on May 17 on my list of races I wanted to get to this year. I guess that race is gone now.
It is listed for May 24th
RockinRy (Offline)
  #24 1/26/19 2:36 PM
No he was talking about MOWA (Wing 410 series) that was previously scheduled for May 17th.
On May 24th MSCS (Non Wing Series) is running at Bloomington.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #25 1/26/19 6:24 PM
Originally Posted by kinser:
Here’s my question: USAC can’t pay bigger purses but they can lease a racetrack and spend money to make improvements ??

Nobody complained and even cheered when USAC stepped in and Leased THAT when DA botched the deals he had. It's happened for many years, Leasing tracks. Some work out, some don't.

Half the WoO races that run wouldn't be run save for a promotions company that runs the thing, About all the tracks make over the lease is concessions.

Charles Nungester
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #26 1/26/19 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
Wonder why no one wants to be a promotor, they just made the announcement and people allready complaining, I'm not a big fan of usac ,but give them a chance ,and it's still going to be a race track, instead of a subdivision
Wouldn’t say people are complaining to the new group at all. I see it as; Hey new guys, here are all of the reasons people stopped going to Bloomington and hope you fix them so we might be interested in returning.
3 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #27 1/26/19 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Maybe they got extra money since they didn’t pay Ballou?
That right there is humor folks.
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, jim goerge
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #28 1/26/19 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Nobody complained and even cheered when USAC stepped in and Leased THAT when DA botched the deals he had. It's happened for many years, Leasing tracks. Some work out, some don't.

Half the WoO races that run wouldn't be run save for a promotions company that runs the thing, About all the tracks make over the lease is concessions.
Just checking your facts. Did USAC lease THAT and dump money into the facility for improvements??? Or did they just run races there? If they made facility upgrades with money they could have paid the teams with please tell me where on the Vigo county grounds they did.
3 Likes: Indy1808, jim goerge, progressive22
jim goerge (Offline)
  #29 1/27/19 6:53 AM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
MOWA IS AT Haubstadt I think twice this year
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #30 1/27/19 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
Just checking your facts. Did USAC lease THAT and dump money into the facility for improvements??? Or did they just run races there? If they made facility upgrades with money they could have paid the teams with please tell me where on the Vigo county grounds they did.

Honestly what USAC does with it's sanction money is USAC's business, A race is run, it's purse posted. Racers have the choice to show up and race for it or not.

What I was saying, Is that without them leasing a track and holding a race at several venues. There would have been no race in the first place for teams to run

If indeed USAC is leasing the whole works, then they've found a way to make a profit off other sanctions and non sanctions. Been my experience the biggest crowd at Bloomington isn't for USAC or MSCS but for it's fireworks race.
The only way to put more $$ in the racers pockets is if your willing to pay more. USAC's sanction fee isn't outrageous for tracks

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: chrismattlin, interpreter66, PJ Wright, spicoli
Closed Thread