IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JHarris (Offline)
  #1 3/19/18 11:34 AM
Anyone know if they are racing this year. Nothing posted on facebook since December and the website shown does not work. Thanks in advance
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #2 3/19/18 1:56 PM
Originally Posted by JHarris:
Anyone know if they are racing this year. Nothing posted on facebook since December and the website shown does not work. Thanks in advance
It's not Chandler Speedway anymore. It's been bought and the track / complex goes by it's new name Movieland Speedpark. New Owner is Reno Fontana. Search them on Facebook.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #3 3/19/18 2:22 PM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
It's not Chandler Speedway anymore. It's been bought and the track / complex goes by it's new name Movieland Speedpark. New Owner is Reno Fontana. Search them on Facebook.
My understanding at this point, is that there has been no official purchase yet. Lots of questions out there about new buyer and track in general. I wish them the best of luck.
4 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, nathans1012, thunder31
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #4 3/19/18 3:32 PM
I don't foresee it opening. Too much nonsense

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
2 Likes: jim goerge, ronmil
jim goerge (Offline)
  #5 3/19/18 9:44 PM
the old owner only wanted to lease the track If the leasee made a buck baker had his hand out for more I haven"t seen are heard anything about the track this year except the name change
17B (Offline)
  #6 3/19/18 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
the old owner only wanted to lease the track If the leasee made a buck baker had his hand out for more I haven"t seen are heard anything about the track this year except the name change
Not just one hand he had both hands out......
4 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, ronmil, Wayne Davis
jdull99 (Offline)
  #7 3/20/18 1:44 AM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
What about what comes up on a Google search of that name? Is some of that the same guy? Just asking...I really have no idea and am only curious enough to post this question (I'm sure looking hard enough, it is easy to find a story on the www about almost anyone that some may not find to be ideal...). Regardless, I'm sure those around the track look forward to it opening, one way or another, again someday (hopefully).

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
JHarris (Offline)
  #8 3/25/18 8:48 PM
Thanks
Griffittsmotorsports (Offline)
  #9 3/26/18 1:01 PM
just from what I know from a inside source I’d make other plans 😉
Hurryinhoosier (Offline)
  #10 3/27/18 6:56 AM
Google search Reno Fontana

Then go to FB search for the same....