IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine
2/27/16, 11:20 PM   #11
Re: BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine
MRAY3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Dancing around the question with no answer should give you the answer you're looking for.... lol
Nobody is dancing around any question. This engine has never been advertised for sale. It was never intended to be sold. If and when I am personally satisfied that I am ready to produce enough engines to satisfy demand, and when I am satisfied that I am in a position to professionally maintain any engines I have sold, I may decide to offer them for sale. I have no intention nor desire to promise something that I am not in a position to deliver. There are enough people in business today who make promises they cannot keep.

2/27/16, 11:38 PM   #12
xoxide

I was commenting strictly on Puppy's question, not whether or not you were planning to sell them. Shouldn't be a tough question (or secret information) in what you roughly have into the build for comparison between other engine platforms.

2/28/16, 1:16 AM   #13
LocalYokel

So give all of us here just one good reason why should Mr. Ray tell you how much he's spent developing this engine package?
Its his money and he can do with it as he sees fit. So long as it falls into the rules package it will be allowed to race. Who cares if it cost $1,500, or $50,000.
I applaud the ingenuity.

2 members like this post: badgerfan, Ray3
2/28/16, 2:23 AM   #14
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
So give all of us here just one good reason why should Mr. Ray tell you how much he's spent developing this engine package?
Its his money and he can do with it as he sees fit. So long as it falls into the rules package it will be allowed to race. Who cares if it cost $1,500, or $50,000.
I applaud the ingenuity.
I'm not picking on him Local, was just curious to see what he had in this economical package out of curiosity. If he doesn't want to tell us, thats fine.

2/28/16, 9:35 AM   #15
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack View Post
So you put an engine package in the classified section but it's not for sale ???? Am I the only 1 that sees this strange ???
this isn't the classified section

2/28/16, 10:11 AM   #16
Pack

Sorry I thought I was in the classifieds section when posted. I'm looking to get into the D2 class and have looked all over both sections getting info and trying to find places to race. Again sorry my mistake
Last edited by Pack; 2/28/16 at 10:14 AM.

2/28/16, 11:21 AM   #17
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5c View Post
this isn't the classified section
This site also says its dedicated to nonwing racing but we deal with them also, nothings perfect. Or always where it should be.

2/28/16, 5:49 PM   #18
racer5c

[quote=Backitin;439733]This site also says its dedicated to nonwing racing but we deal with them also, nothings perfect. Or always where

If you read the whole thread you would see that someone was complaining about it BEING IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION which it wasn't I was pointing that out to them
Last edited by racer5c; 2/28/16 at 6:45 PM.

2/28/16, 8:46 PM   #19
MRAY3

xoxide
“I was commenting strictly on Puppy's question, not whether or not you were planning to sell them. Shouldn't be a tough question (or secret information) in what you roughly have into the build for comparison between other engine platforms.”

So in today’s message board world, if someone asks how much you make, or how much you paid for your house, or how much your ex got in the divorce, you are obligated to answer? For many people these questions wouldn’t necessarily be tough to answer or even top secret, but they might be considered “none of your business.”

Puppy
“We were just wondering on price for "comparison"..

One problem with answering this question on a message board is - the REAL answer isn’t as simple as typing in a dollar sign followed by a number. As I explained earlier, this engine is our PROTOTYPE 2.4 liter Honda Midget engine. While purchasing components for this build, I discovered which parts I could deem suitable for use in a Midget racing application, and which parts I could not. Since this engine was never intended to be sold, I was in no hurry to separate the cost of the parts I discarded from the total cost of the parts I purchased. I have also not calculated a dollar amount for the time I spent designing and machining components that are not available for purchase. Therefore, at this time even I do not have an accurate figure on what this engine will cost to duplicate. And I am not the type of person who will give someone a low-ball figure and then keep coming back to a customer for another $500.00 for this and another $500.00 for that. If anyone wants to deal with someone like that, I know one of the people “trolling” this post will be more than happy to oblige you.

2/28/16, 9:13 PM   #20
Ray3

I have been warned by many people to stay off of IOW and I should have heeded their advice. However, I also know many people out there are interested in the 2.4L Production Midget engine concept and what the Badger Midget Auto Racing Association is doing to revive its series. The intent of this thread was NOT to sell engines. The intent was to show those who have a vested interest in the BMARA, and Midget racing in general, what the engines of the new era look like. I also want to say that I do appreciate the interest level that the new 2.4L Midget engine concept has raised and please be sure to catch a BMARA event in 2016 to see the engines in action.

More information on the concept can be found at 2-4midgetracing.com. If you are interested in the BMARA check out www.bmara.com or come to the BMARA Intro to Production Midget Engine Meeting taking place in Wisconsin on March 5th. Thank you!
Last edited by Ray3; 2/28/16 at 9:56 PM.

4 members like this post: dirtball, gearguy, greenupracing20, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine