IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #21 7/6/14 7:33 PM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
As a history teacher and lifelong race fan, I appreciate the tracks that celebrate their history and want to share it with the fans of today and the future. It's a shame that so few seem to do that with the forms of media available now.
A history teacher? Bless you, sir (or madam). My favorite subject, but I lacked the will and the patience to teach.

Seems as if our major sources of history are contained in our collective memory. Much of what was written is lost to the ages.

I'd love to see a book about the sprint car/California/Indiana connection. That would cover close to 80 years of racing history.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
Indy (Offline)
  #22 7/6/14 10:03 PM
The Indianapolis Speedrome has a history section of all the USAC winners and some 2nd and 3rd place results on their web sight. Funny but I just happen to find that last week. A lot of winners there that I forgot about. Even figure 8 champ Wayne Arnold won 3 features.
Newport13 (Offline)
  #23 7/11/14 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Gregg:
I know Aaron Fry was into researching tracks of the past in the Ohio area, New Breman, Tri-County, Dayton ect... before he started BOSS. Not sure how much spare he has right now.
Next time u see him, ask him anything historical in Ohio. The guy's like the "Rain Man" of Ohio dirt track racing history.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, racerjim2