IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 7/10/19 Hi99 Rumble at the Fair MSCS Sprints, Mods, Crate LM
7/10/19, 8:44 PM   #11
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Feature lineup
Attached Images
49810875-FA21-4FF6-871D-FBFF750B3824.jpeg (177.4 KB, 64 views)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/10/19, 9:02 PM   #12
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Bilbee wins

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
7/10/19, 9:05 PM   #13
BigWheel7

Wissmiller comes to a stop coming out of turn 4 and has to be pushed off the track. 15 scored 10 remain.

Running order
Bilbee
Adams
Simon
Stockon
Jackson

Finish
Bilbee
Adams
Simon
Jackson
Stockon

Nobody had anything for Bilbee tonight. He was going way above everyone else in the turns and coming out of them like he was shot out of a rocket. I have been very impressed with Max Adams the past two times I have saw him race.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Eatin Dirt, oppweld, tirespinner
7/10/19, 9:32 PM   #14
BigWheel7

Full finish
Attached Images
CD63FC58-02FE-45C3-BB24-8B5AA84C650C.jpeg (181.3 KB, 85 views)

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
7/10/19, 11:52 PM   #15
Rpracing1

Surprised a big dog did not show. 3k to win on a hazy Wednesday. $3k to win nothing to sneeze about. Oh well, their loss I guess. Great to see Bilbee kick some butt. Good change of scenery. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/11/19 at 7:24 AM.

2 members like this post: Steve Wendel, tirespinner
7/11/19, 6:16 PM   #16
captrat

Have been going there when there were no cages. Each year the place looks more and more neglected: nothing is ever repaired or replaced, examples: scoreboard, concessions, lights, racing surface, things to be painted, PA system, so-called guardrail/catch fence, little or no local community support/promotion. Sadly, this iconic place seems to be on life support. I hope it can survive, but? Last year spoke with head of the fair board and a group expressed many of these concerns.

2 members like this post: Bayless74, tirespinner
7/11/19, 7:17 PM   #17
kcarm92

Very good concerns about place ,does have local support, Scott's custom colors has been supportive of the place,for several years as have hi99 radio, car count has fallen off in both sprints and mods ,(local) when track was slick and smooth ,small dollar teams could complete with the $ teams, but since people complained about dust ,they have started making track heavy and rough (choppy) hammer down, so yeah local support has fallen off,as far as competitors, can't compete with big $ ,glad to see a smaller team take home the money last nite congrats Nick, on the win ,just glad the old track is still alive

7/12/19, 2:33 PM   #18
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I've actually seen many repairs/improvements over the years. New lights, bathrooms, retaining wall, catch fence, paint on wall and in stands. It is due for some paint and making sure the PA speakers all work. I never was a fan of the concrete walls both outer and inner but they wanted them for stock cars. And, the track surface is smoother but dustier so that could be improved. The biggest problem is technology has all but ruined dirt track race cars and they only want to run on the smallest of tracks. Sad state of racing these days.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/14/19, 9:35 PM   #19
moss158

I think it would be a nightmare for any promoter to run THAT. Mid week races mostly, and if it is a weekend race, lots of tracks around that run every week to fight for cars with. When Indiana went to daylight savings time, that threw a monkey wrench into things also. Now you are fighting the sun all evening, and if you try to wait later until the sun goes down, you are fighting a curfew. Tough to run into turn 3 staring into the sun I’m sure. Lots of racers stay away from the 1/2 mile because they don’t want to use up their equipment, or they don’t have the cubic dollars to run with those who do. The concrete block wall I’m sure scares some racers off. If the real estate market didn’t crash like it did after 9/11, I’d be willing to bet the Action Track wouldn’t exist today. I love the action track, when it’s racy, there’s no other place like it. Silver Crown are awesome there. I am very thankful that Bob Sargent and crew stick there necks out to keep the Action Track running, and applaud their efforts every race. It cannot be easy. There are several local businesses like Scott’s Custom Colors who support the Action Track. I live in Terre Haute and sadly it doesn’t seem to draw much crowd from Terre Haute. I do know a lot of people who drive hours to watch racing at the Action Track though. To me it is kind of like Duquoin, Springfield, or even IMS, you can just feel the history of the place when you look at it. It is a diamond in the rough, and I think it’s here to stay for the foreseeable future as long as good promoters like Sargent are willing to put the time and money into running the place.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 7/10/19 Hi99 Rumble at the Fair MSCS Sprints, Mods, Crate LM