IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Camping for 2019 Oval Nationals at Perris
10/4/19, 2:02 AM   #11
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

If you’re hesitant about attending the Oval Nationals after hearing of the camping and purse news, allow me to offer an alternative. ISF already mentioned Turkey Night. However, if you have the time and the funds, I’d suggest coming out about a week and a half before Turkey Night and attending the Hangtown 100 USAC midget race in the beautiful foothills town of Placerville. The race is a two night show with a 200,000 dollar purse. Then after the Hangtown 100, you can stick around for a week and steadily trek south over the next week to Ventura for Turkey Night. Placerville is one of several towns in the foothills of the Sierras known for its gold prospecting history which leads to many cool history lessons and tourist attractions to be found. Weather permitting (believe it or not, it does snow out here in CA) you can visit some of the Sierra Nevada mountains before Turkey Night. I promise California isn’t all homeless riddled big cities and bumper to bumper traffic. Yosemite National Park is one of the most spectacular places on earth. The Sierras are also the only place on the planet you can see 2000 year old giant sequoia trees. In Placerville you’ll be right next to it all. I don’t mean to sound like I work for some tourist company out here lol. I’m just disappointed that many people don’t know what they’re missing in California, especially the eastern side of the state. The Hangtown 100 should be enough alone to draw people, but keep in mind how much else there is to do and see afterwards if you can stay and also make Turkey Night. I’m excited to say I’ll be at both! I’ve found Placerville and Ventura to be very fan friendly tracks and hope to see some of you out here.

5 members like this post: Clydesdale, dirt330, ISF, jim goerge, TNRustler
10/5/19, 9:44 AM   #12
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
They charge to park at ims and irp here in indy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a big Indy 500 guy who attends the track multiple times each May, where/when does IMS charge to park? Heck, even on practice days I park in the infield at no charge, just my admission fee. Once this year, I parked in an IMS lot at the corner of 16th and Polco; still no charge.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, ISF, SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Camping for 2019 Oval Nationals at Perris