IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway
5/10/19, 10:46 PM   #1
Eldora Speedway
Beinthecircle

Opinions on tonight’s racing and Eldora in general? I’ve been at least once the last 8 years and I’ve yet to see a race half was good as Kokomo, Haubstadt.

5 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, oppweld, RockinRy, speed bump, tirespinner
5/10/19, 11:25 PM   #2
Koko06

Haven't been to eldora in over a year and in my opinion both races stunk and glad I won't be back tomorrow and really thinking hard about going for the 4- crown☹️

4 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, Indy1808, speed bump, tirespinner
5/11/19, 12:10 AM   #3
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinthecircle View Post
Opinions on tonight’s racing and Eldora in general? I’ve been at least once the last 8 years and I’ve yet to see a race half was good as Kokomo, Haubstadt.
I thought ehh it was ok. Basically it

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/11/19, 12:54 AM   #4
Non wing lover

It was awful only good thing was the car count 37 USAc cars49 woo racing was one big choo choo train not worth the 29 bucks they charged for general admission I will bluntly state this since Tony Stewart took ownership of Eldora the racing only need gotten worse as for the world of outlaws they are an absolute farce Mr Gibson tries to make the races sound exciting but they are really not but he is paid to-do that it was terrible might be taking rest of2019 there off

5/11/19, 2:58 AM   #5
Kydehart

Every race isn’t going to be fantastic. Having said that I thought the racing from the 2-6th range was pretty good, but maybe I’m just easy to please. Just because the leader checks out doesn’t mean it’s a bad race. I just enjoy about any day at a race track. Especially an incredibly nice facility like Eldora.

5/11/19, 6:31 AM   #6
PIT CART

I really enjoyed the racing last night, I just wish people would sit down!!

5/11/19, 6:57 AM   #7
motorhead748

I enjoyed both shows. Looking forward to tonight & hope the rain holds off.
I've been around this stuff for nearly 40 years as car owner, driver & now fan and eldora is special. One reason for that is that it's SO hard to do well. And I'd say if you asked every sprint car driver in the country which track they'd most like to win at, eldora would be at the top of the list

5/11/19, 7:50 AM   #8
Re: Eldora Speedway
BrentTFunk

I too thought the racing from second to sixth was pretty good for USAC. The outlaw format always start fast cars in front, so that limits passing. Once Schatz got into lap traffic, Schuhart was reeling him in so it made if more interesting. Not the best racing, but surely not the worst.

5/11/19, 8:42 AM   #9
flagboy55

Not worth the $29 bucks? You pay that just about to see either of these series separately. Over 80 sprint cars on the grounds, show run off efficiently and ya got people griping. I suppose some folks would complain if their beer was cold

5/11/19, 9:14 AM   #10
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

The top sprint car series in the country at the same track on the same night with no "support divisions" cant lose. One of my favorite races of the season, loved it. Hope Dave Darland is feeling better soon, the car was tore up bad.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway