IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Races Cancelled
7/21/11, 1:47 AM   #31
Re: Gas City Races Cancelled
bigpimpin35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
Been there done that for years man.
Lol nothing like it huh? It'll put some hair on your chest

7/21/11, 1:47 AM   #32
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
It is hot here yes, if these tracks had raced the ******** would be about how bad the track was.
Exactly.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, koolaid89
7/21/11, 3:20 AM   #33
GFMMInc

Why not just start the races later in the evening like Lawrenceburg is going to do this Saturday? Just a thought.

7/21/11, 5:41 AM   #34
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFMMInc View Post
Why not just start the races later in the evening like Lawrenceburg is going to do this Saturday? Just a thought.
At 9:30 last night the heat index was 100* I don't think this week it would do much good.

3 members like this post: Diggsy, DWX 9929, jim goerge
7/21/11, 5:52 AM   #35
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I have watched this thread & the Blmgtn Cancelled thread also, do I like the tracks cancelling, not really, but it is what it is, I have to respect the decisions made, oh buy the way, I can't change em anyway.
For those of you from Ohio, maybe you should go to Texas/Arkansas to watch races,from Maine, dont like it here,move back there,those from Florida,stay there amongst the illegalls,from those from the left Coast, well nobody ask anyone to come to Indiana, those from Pennsylvania, you should know the drill..
It is hot here yes, if these tracks had raced the ******** would be about how bad the track was. Open shooting here let it begin.I am just happy that ISW was last week
You stole my thunder a bit here. Our weekend forecast has temps higher than what y'all are supposed to have. . . .

7/21/11, 6:19 AM   #36
Hurryinhoosier

Good call by both tracks. Racing is a blue collar sport and after working all day Friday in the heat...most will want to go home. Wore out cars,drivers and crew make for bad racing. The tracks will be junk and thats bad racing.
Keeping the doors open in motorsports is very hard right now as a promoter. All those empty seats in the stands will make it that much harder to do....

Again....good calls!

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, SteveD
7/21/11, 6:49 AM   #37
Danny Burton

If tracks can cancel (or postpone--not the same as a cancellation) for snow, cold weather, rain or fog (I've seen tracks fall victim to all of these), then why can't they cancel a race program for heat? All are examples of very extreme weather.

I spend most of my day outside (granted, not for much longer) so it doesn't affect me as it does those who spend most of their day inside with the a/c on (as mine is right this minute--already).

Mike and Jiggs made the right call. Of course I'm disappointed, but I understand.

30 calendar days to go.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/21/11, 7:08 AM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com
We're on water conservation, too, and they are expecting power outages in Anderson due to overloaded transformers. This is the worst heat wave in 70 years. Racing is a luxury. Gas City and Bloomington are doing their civic duty by conserving water and electricity.
I call Bullcrap, The record is a period of 100+ days at this time in 1934. The record for CINCY, where Im from for todays date is 105*

The power brown outs I can see but WORST? Geez I guess your married to Al Gore.

June 8th. Haubstadt. 98* 105* index Track was perfect all night. *Ask Casey Riggs* Others on this board were there.

Im not debating Jiggs decision. Its theirs to make and during 1988 drought year Florence Speedway shut down a couple weeks and Bloomington went to a every other week.

Really don't care what the heat index is. I'll dress accordingly and be at a track. Better than sitting in this house in front of this box or working ten hours a day six days a week in a 120* warehouse.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/21/11 at 7:14 AM.

3 members like this post: rdzsprint, skids59, Wayne Davis
7/21/11, 7:39 AM   #39
4wheelsinthekoosh

I am kinda sad tomorrow would have been a day that separated the men from the boys and who was in shape or not. Everyone has to be in the same heat and I fell sorry for Phil and jigs working there butts of in this heat early in this week just to have to cancel. And yes the drivers get hot sitting there bit after we get pushed off we get wd-80 (windows down 80 mph) like to thank Robbie rice for that one. But let's just give the people at gas city a break they don't do stuff like this ever answer trying to be nice to everyone.
Posted using Mobile Device
Last edited by 4wheelsinthekoosh; 7/21/11 at 7:42 AM.

4 members like this post: cmakin, Danny Burton, jim goerge, Mud Packer
7/21/11, 8:24 AM   #40
SteveD

Tommys joint is always perfect thanks to the big green parade. Farmers can't bank excuses.

1 member likes this post: DWX 9929
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Races Cancelled