IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night before the 500 entrants
5/1/11, 12:29 PM   #1
Night before the 500 entrants
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

Though it's almost a month away, just curious on peoples thoughts on who will run the night before for $20k to win. Personally I'd like to think at least 35-40 cars will show up.
Posted using Mobile Device

5/1/11, 2:13 PM   #2
Re: Night before the 500 entrants
bigpimpin35

All 3 Armstrong boys will be there

5/1/11, 4:34 PM   #3
Isaac Chapple Racing

Anderson to pilot for Isaac Chapple Racing at the annual “Night Before the 500”
Joliet, IL native Jim Anderson has been hired by Isaac Chapple Racing to pilot the number 52 Beast/Esslinger powered National midget and Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis (formerly Indianpolis Raceway Park) for this years “Night Before the 500 Classic”. Jimmy will be competing against the nations best midget drivers for the $20,000 winners purse.
“This is a great opportunity for both, myself, and the Chapple family to be able to run at IRP” , said Anderson. “ Isaac is an up and coming driver that is still too young for USAC National competition but he asked me to put this car in the field and go out and try to win it”.
This will be the third time competing at Lucas Oil Raceway for the 2008 UMARA National Champion. He has never made the final A-Main event but feels that after a feature victory this past New Years in Fort Wayne, IN, the momentum is in his favor to break through and race with the best of the best.
Chapple, a 14 year old native of Wilkinson, Indiana will compete in his first season in the National Midgets with USSA this year and select events with the newly formed STARS club at Grundy County Speedway in Morris, IL. Isaac is a veteran of the Kenyon Midget series and looks forward to running in his first National Midget season.

5/1/11, 5:42 PM   #4
lilrim

i'd say over 50 cars!

5/1/11, 8:55 PM   #5
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrim View Post
i'd say over 50 cars!
I think this could happen, but I'm not sure. 20k to win is fantastic, but what will 2nd through 22nd pay? If these spots pay a little more, then 50 is a real possibility.
To me, 20 cars could show up and I'd still enjoy myself. Midgets at irp are usually pretty good
Posted using Mobile Device

5/2/11, 12:14 AM   #6
team3521

I'd agree with lilrim. Over 50.

Are you entered this year lilrim? hope so!

5/2/11, 4:49 PM   #7
Re: Night before the Indianapolis 500entrants
indybail

Kyle O'Gara (age 16) from Indianapolis will be making his Night before the 500 debut. Kyle will driving for Bob East and sponsored by Service Central.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night before the 500 entrants