IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/11/20, 5:00 PM   #31
Re: Would you go?
jonboat15

I went to Lincoln and the Grove also, I felt a little guilty but not for long. No one in my family has it, none of my racing buddies that were at the tracks when I was with them are sick. I'm ready to go back when they open the gates, but I would like to use cash not a card to pay my way in. I'll wear a mask or bandana if required, heck before this virus I would wear a bandana at the tracks if it was in the 30s or a super dusty surface. All good things are worth the wait.

5 members like this post: davidm, flagboy55, interpreter66, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
5/11/20, 5:31 PM   #32
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I think I will wait a while and see how things shake out. I noticed my enthusiasm waning last year. Maybe I am having a little burnout.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Steve Wendel, WinglessLovers
5/11/20, 5:40 PM   #33
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
Yes, in a heart beat. I am in the "high risk group" (by a lot!). I think that the original deal was very serious. And too little was done too late. And nothing can change that now. But after 6 weeks in "isolation"; I am good. I will use hand sanitizer more frequently now, just because. Life is good. But we have all been "in detention" WAY TOO LONG. It looks like big cities might still have some lingering problems. But most race tracks are in at the middle nowhere. So I am fully ready to get a haircut, get back to living life like it was last January (another great time at the chili Bowl - and no I didn't get the flu- but it did use hand sanitizer). I want to continue to enjoy all the pleasures of life for as long as I can. And can't wait to get back to spending time with my friends at the races. Stay well fellow open wheelers. See you at the track.

It is not the physical track that spreads the virus it is the people who are the issue.

5/11/20, 5:41 PM   #34
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
And just as I would choose to go and enjoy, I very much respect your decision to stay clear of crowds and lower your personal risk. That's the great part about this country (or at least it was). We have the freedom to decide for ourselves about what we want to do and the risks we want to take.

Even if it endangers an innocent person?

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
5/11/20, 5:44 PM   #35
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
I went to Farmington, MO Saturday night with no restrictions. There were so many people there was no way to keep six feet apart. Drank some beer and saw some old friends. Didn't bother me but if you don't feel comfortable don't go. Just don't tell me how to live my life. My odds of dying in a car crash on the hour trip there was higher than dying from Covid-19.

Now that the medical system has not been overwhelmed like we thought it's time to relax some rules. Just my opinion.

The cure is now worse than the disease.

So my answer would be YES I would go.
Have you been tested? Do you know if you are asymptomatic?

5/11/20, 5:46 PM   #36
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
On the issue of critical thinking etc could not one engage in critical thinking and decide no? The question wasn't about what others would do or should do it is what YOU would do. In that case it requires you to consider a range of factors including your overall health, your interest, your pocketbook. All of that. I don't live in fear. However I have a pre-existing condition and now know 5 people who got the virus three very sick for weeks..one died and had not been Ill. But this question is vitally important to promoters
And also consider others.

5/11/20, 5:54 PM   #37
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
I would go in a second and I haven’t been scared since the start of it. My job is still going good and like others said I’m not going to live life in fear! I think it’s a damn shame this country has turned into a bunch of sissy’s like half of them have turned into! More people die in car accidents then they do from this virus and we didn’t take everyone’s keys away.

80,000 Covid-19 deaths since March 11, 2020. 38,000 deaths in auto accidents in all of 2019. Facts speak louder than unsubstantiated opinions.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, Ken Bonnema
5/11/20, 6:24 PM   #38
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I would think methanol fumes,tire smoke,air borne dust and roaring 410 engines would have a negative effect on the coronavirus.So yeah,Im in

5/11/20, 6:47 PM   #39
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Have you been tested? Do you know if you are asymptomatic?

It's really none of your business but for your information yes I have been tested it was a requirement for work. I also have my temperature taken twice a day at work.

You can resume finding something else to worry about now.

5/11/20, 6:56 PM   #40
chop

Right now with how things stand in Michigan and at my home I will be not going. I have a member of my household that works in the medical field. So I always stand the chance that I have been exposed. Not fair for others to be near me other then people in our home. Do I think it will kill me? Nope. Do i think I will get the virus at some point? Yes.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?