IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video game racing
4/20/20, 11:01 AM   #1
Video game racing
nonwingkingofkali

Am I the only one who has zero desire to watch video game racing on Floracing for the $150.00 that I paid for the year? I asked for a refund, and they blew smoke up my a$$ for a few e-mails then said sorry we are keeping your money. So if you paid by the month, no big deal. Just quit paying and you aren't out any more money. But if you paid for a year, it's screw you we are keeping your money.

6 members like this post: Bostonian, dirtball, Indy1808, jim goerge, luckybuc97, TQ29m
4/20/20, 12:41 PM   #2
Re: Video game racing
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkali View Post
Am I the only one who has zero desire to watch video game racing on Floracing for the $150.00 that I paid for the year? I asked for a refund, and they blew smoke up my a$$ for a few e-mails then said sorry we are keeping your money. So if you paid by the month, no big deal. Just quit paying and you aren't out any more money. But if you paid for a year, it's screw you we are keeping your money.
I understand their desire to not lose a bunch of money, but to refuse to give at least a partial refund is not good business. While it might not be their fault, you paid to have access to live auto racing feeds and they are unable to delive the product you purchased. I don't think very many will be requesting it either, but a refund is definitely due.
Last edited by Midget98; 4/21/20 at 12:48 PM.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, jim goerge, luckybuc97
4/20/20, 12:42 PM   #3
kb78

They are doing the best that they can right now by airing old races in a loop. I have been watching them on and off. As far as the money goes, I think everyone has a different point of view. We have been lucky so far in that we are still working so for me I am planning on supporting FLO as long as that stays true. I have not stopped payments to the gym for the same reason. My membership comes due in June so I will take a look at where we are at when that day comes and see if I am going to re-up. Here's hoping we are all back at a track soon.

4 members like this post: erich45, jonboat15, sprinter31, Will Shunk
4/20/20, 1:09 PM   #4
erich45

I would probably spend $150+ for 2 trips to the track. I just hope they're able to stay in business, and if my payment helps them do that, I'm not complaining.

4/20/20, 8:26 PM   #5
jonboat15

I signed up for floracing last year just before ISW, I'm sure I got my $150 worth last year. I will subscribe again this July. I appreciate what they are trying to do during this difficult time and I will support them. I've seen most of the Thunder stuff they are showing but I didn't remember the 93? Usac midgets at the Milwaukee mile, that was pretty cool , neat to see Stan Fox just being awesome again. Lots of fun interviews from many of those old shows. I really miss the USAC divisions on pavement, those cars just looked so low and bad ass and the racing was exciting. I can't watch the Iracing, I'm sure playing it is a lot of fun if you have the time and money. Hang in there everybody!

2 members like this post: erich45, Will Shunk
4/20/20, 9:26 PM   #6
Will Shunk

I just saved $150 on my beer tab for March and April with the local bar closed. So, I guess I am ahead of the game with FLO. Hope we hit the track soon. Be safe out there as a lot of racing people are having a tough time or died from virus 19 and complications from it.

4/20/20, 9:59 PM   #7
huskermudd

Guys it’s only 150 bucks a great deal all the other ppv services are 3 to 4 hundred bucks a year

4/22/20, 11:34 AM   #8
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskermudd View Post
Guys it’s only 150 bucks a great deal all the other ppv services are 3 to 4 hundred bucks a year
It's only a "great deal" if they can show live racing events. Until there is some racing to show, it's $150 for literally nothing. Don't get me wrong, I like their product and how they provide it, but there is no product to sell right now.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
4/22/20, 12:11 PM   #9
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

In these odd times most all businesses are trying to figure what to do.Maybe prorate everyone 2 or 3 months might be the answer
Last edited by mc/rider; 4/22/20 at 12:13 PM.

4/22/20, 1:15 PM   #10
Bad Dad 54

$150 for yr is a goo deal but to watch taped races & video games I can do that myself, I have 6 tapes w/ 3 or 4 races on each one. If others are happy w/ it fine but I learned my lesson long ago, never pay for a whole yr & no direct payments on an out fit like this

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video game racing