IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shamrock Classic
3/8/20, 8:51 AM   #21
chathamracefan

Great night as allways at DuQuoin. Cool to see Thorson get the win as he missed this race last year after his highway accident.

3/8/20, 5:56 PM   #22
Re: Shamrock Classic
Gabby

Yep, that was awesome! Low and slow, that's what did it. When I left Du Quoin I drove past the Econo Inn, not that high class Econo Lodge, and there was the Robert Bell midget. It was sitting on an open trailer that was just big enough to hold the car, don't remember seeing a tire rack, and it was pulled by a pickup truck. No NASCAR sized hauler with a big sponsor vinyl wrap, the perfect definition of old school.

3/9/20, 1:04 PM   #23
Re: Shamrock Classic
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

A shout out to the Lawrenceburg safety crew.Johnny on the spot,first class,A1,simply the best

3/10/20, 8:07 AM   #24
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Yep, that was awesome! Low and slow, that's what did it. When I left Du Quoin I drove past the Econo Inn, not that high class Econo Lodge, and there was the Robert Bell midget. It was sitting on an open trailer that was just big enough to hold the car, don't remember seeing a tire rack, and it was pulled by a pickup truck. No NASCAR sized hauler with a big sponsor vinyl wrap, the perfect definition of old school.
Way off topic but Robert bell is just a genuine good person who enjoys racin. Two smackdowns ago, I stopped at a local diner down the road from Kokomo speedway and he was in there. I was wearing a racing shirt so he knew I was at the track. We sat there and talked about racing for over an hour. The guy is old school through and through. The racing community needs more like him that’s for sure!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shamrock Classic