IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!
7/19/16, 4:55 PM   #31
Re: Indiana sprint week survey!
The Old Coyote

We did all seven.
I liked Kokomo best.
Four first time winners and seven different winners is mind boggling.
I would like to see Plymouth get a race. It would be nice as a replacement for Gas City for ISW just for the bleachers, but a USAC Sprint Car race anytime would be great.

7/19/16, 5:31 PM   #32
BrentTFunk

Remember the tracks control the dates. I would look for no changes. Brownstown lost their date to Putnamville. If I am a track promoter, I would say if it ain't broke, don't fix. This years Sprintweek was as good as any year. Crowds were good, car counts were good. What's to fix?

7/19/16, 6:21 PM   #33
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Remember the tracks control the dates. I would look for no changes. Brownstown lost their date to Putnamville. If I am a track promoter, I would say if it ain't broke, don't fix. This years Sprintweek was as good as any year. Crowds were good, car counts were good. What's to fix?
One suggestion on a fix...
2 of the tracks in the first week need to do something about the seating situations..sell reserved seats...bring in temporary seats..its out growing the grandstands..(good thing!!)

Spectators saving the top row in the pits isn't good...I understand why they did it...but that's not a ideal situation for the crews.

again...I throughly enjoyed my week!
Last edited by Scooter; 7/19/16 at 6:25 PM.

7/19/16, 6:39 PM   #34
Big Willy

Only made it to one race but 40 laps for the 1/4's and 30 for anything larger than 1/4 would be nice, but i do understand that it is hard on equipment already...

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/19/16, 6:52 PM   #35
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
One suggestion on a fix...
2 of the tracks in the first week need to do something about the seating situations..sell reserved seats...bring in temporary seats..its out growing the grandstands..(good thing!!)

Spectators saving the top row in the pits isn't good...I understand why they did it...but that's not a ideal situation for the crews.

again...I throughly enjoyed my week!
I got to Kokomo as soon as the pit gate opened and put a blanket down for the crew of the 66j at the top of the pit stands so the crew would have a place to watch. six of us took up space for four

Jerry #66j

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Obie, PIT CART
7/19/16, 7:02 PM   #36
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

I hear ya jerry...3 of us took up the space of 2...

2 of us stood and one sat between us the entire night in the GA area because the people around us sat on the edges of our saved spot and wouldn't move!

Maybe they will listen to my suggestion in their inboxes?? Hopefully!!
Last edited by Scooter; 7/19/16 at 7:05 PM.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
7/20/16, 2:13 AM   #37
flagboy55

I can't believe someone just suggested replacing Terre Haute. Really?

7/20/16, 2:35 AM   #38
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by open_wheel_outlaw View Post
that would be a major blow to terre haute as they only have 5 open wheel races to begin with, plus they occupy one of the least desirable dates of sprint week being on a wednesday night too. I hope that never comes off sprint week, as i've seen it happen in the past when the track was dark for a few years there. I like the variety of having burg and that on schedule, but understand how the bigger tracks are harder on equipment too. Just afraid if that loses this date we could possibly loss that completely down the road. Thanks to the o'connors for all they do to keep that up and running quality races! Also nothing against brownstown either would like to see sprint week race there, but not at expense of terre haute.
the oconnors have nothing to do with that anymore

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dblchkrs, Dirtfan, flagboy55, mowerman, tirespinner
7/20/16, 9:37 AM   #39
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
the oconnors have nothing to do with that anymore
My bad, guess I had Kokomo on my brain for some reason. Just glad to have great racing at the Action Track!

7/20/16, 10:15 AM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I can't believe someone just suggested replacing Terre Haute. Really?
Yeah, He said he was "Somewhat of a Historian". Im not bashing. But USAC Sprints used to not race at less than three eighths miles.
Terre Haute and the INDY fairgrounds combined with IMS is what took USAC world wide known along with it's drivers then Indycar went all pavement yet there were still some into the mid 70 and a couple into the 80s who would still run Indy and Terre Haute or the Fairgrounds

Don't get me wrong, I like the bullrings but the two "OTHER" tracks happen to be my favorite. LBURG for it's speed and Terre Haute for everything, LF in the air, wheelies as zig zagging the stagger down the straights and biking in the corners. You really watch whats going on at Terre Haute and you'd swear their cajone's wouldn't fit in the cockpit (No offense to the lady drivers)

I wasn't at Terre Haute but the races I've seen there had guys come from 17th or so to podiums. A Feature isn't five minutes flat but sometimes a half hour I've seen features with Ballou on the wall and Darland on the inside rail sixty feet apart but side by side for multiple laps.

Just because the cars ain't bangin wheels, don't mean it's not good racin. Burg had Windom come from tenth at halfway to third running the inside while Clauson was up top. And Cummins coming from the tail to eighth.

We all got our prefferences and thats great. I like the variety

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, davidm, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, open_wheel_outlaw
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!