IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield(Ohio) results 7/10/09
7/12/09, 2:33 PM   #1
Waynesfield(Ohio) results 7/10/09
skinnykenny

Miracle Motorsports Tuff Trucks
1. Matt Twining, 1w 2. Chris Hicks, 71 3. Tim Dick 18b 4. Bill Keeler, MT1 5. Darren Noffsinger , 18n 6. Dan Crowder, 43 7. Randy Crossley, r27 8. Gabe Twining, 25g 9. Sam Casey, 19k 10. Bill Gross, 3 11. Keith Shockency, 89 12. Roy Miller, 37 13. Rob Adams, 27 14. Randy Hamp, 01h 15. Ryan Dunlap, 6p 16. John Sanford, 0 17. Nathan Mailhot, 4

Fowler and Hadding 600cc Mini-Sprints
1. Garry Loney, 47 2. Becca Stiefel, 328 3. Lee Underwood, 24L 4. Kevin Wills, 9 5. Shane Hayslett, 06 6. Mikey Helterbran, 00 7. Tyler Hesson, 7t 8. Max Stambaugh, 5 9. Jarrod Delong, 10j 10. Jeff Long, 4L 11. Vince Coleman, 29c 12. Jamie Paul, 24p 13. Stevie Allen, 29a 14. Devon Dobie, 23 15. Brad Racer, 22b 16. Herschel Willis, 1h

UMP Super Late Models
1. 18-Shannon Babb 2. 25-Jason Feger 3. 1c-Duane Chamberlain 4.3s-Brian Shirley 5. 12-Rick Aukland 6.12-Doug Drown 7. 39-Tim McCreadie 8. 24-Ryan Unzicker 9. 00-Randy Korte 10. 7m-Matt Miller 11. 99Jr-Frank Heckenast Jr. 12. 1x-Wayne Chinn 13. 28-Dennis Erb Jr. 14. 27-Rodney Melvin 15. B12-Kevin Weaver 16. 49-Brian Ruhlman 17. 1w-Donny Walden 18. 3D-Rick DeLong 19. 11-Rusty Schlenk 20. 83-Scott James 21. 64-Jerry Bowersock

Waynesfield, OH — Waynesfield, OH — July 10, 2009 — Shannon Babb is the hottest driver on the UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals Hell Tour over the past couple of weeks, adding his fourth win in the past six starts Friday night at Waynesfield Motorsports Park.

With only Saturday's finale at Oakshade Speedway in Wauseon, Ohio, remaining on the 2009 Hell Tour, Babb's slow start in the series will prevent him from capturing his third Summer Nationals crown. That race within the race on Saturday night will be between current points leader Randy Korte and two-time and defending champion Dennis Erb Jr. The 2006 UMP DIRTcar Late Model national champion, Korte is seeking his first title in the month-long Hell Tour series that started June 11 with 27 races in 31 days.

But Friday night belonged to Babb. He started sixth and blasted to the $7,500 checkered flag through a strong field of cars that included former World of Outlaws Late Model Series champion Tim McCreadie as well as UMP DIRTcar Roundup champion Brian Shirley. After a long night of trouble with his hauler Thursday at La Salle Speedway, Korte, of Highland, Ill., used a provisional on Friday and finished ninth to keep his championship dreams alive as he extended his lead over Erb, a native of Carpentersville, Ill., who started and finished 13th.

“I wanted to let the top burn off because it was really dominant and I knew there wasn't any sense in running my stuff too hard early because we were going to hit traffic,” said Babb, of Moweaqua, Ill. “Once we hit traffic I was able to get under Brian (Shirley) off of two.”

Babb's momentum hasn't changed his approach to the night in and night out grind of the Summer Nationals tour.

“Anyone that gets going knows the changes to make and I've got a lot of good help,” Babb said. “We'll just keep plugging away.”

Jason Feger, of Bloomington, Ill., did his best in the closing laps to nab what would have been his third victory but fell just inches short.

“I knew I was way too tight early,” said Feger, who has been a championship contender throughout the tour. “We got better as the race went on, especially coming off of four, but Shannon was really good too.”

Feger, who earned his two career “Hell Tour” wins in the 2009 edition was happy about his performance as well as the venue itself.

“I'm happy with second,” Feger said. “This is a really nice place and everyone I talked to seemed to really like it here.”

Duane Chamberlain, of Richmond, Ind., rejoined the tour with a strong third-place finish.

“We've just had some bad luck lately,” he said. “Nineteen days away from home can wear on you so it felt good to come out and get a top 3 finish.”
Chamberlain drove a similar line to Feger in charging from eight to round out the podium.

“I slowed down at the end tonight because I burnt my right front tire up and developed a push,” Chamberlain said. “But overall we had a good night.”

Outside polesitter Brian Shirley, of Chatham, Ill., settled for a fourth-place finish while Rick Aukland, of Zanesville, Ohio, moved up from ninth to round out the top five.

Becca Stiefel would shoot out into the lead of the Mini-Sprint feature when the green flag waved. The young lady would hold that lead during the 1st seven laps of the race. Garry Loney worked his way past Stiefel and took the lead on lap number 8. Loney would go on to record his 1st ever Mini-Sprint feature win at Waynesfield ahead of Stiefel and Lee Underwood.

Chris Hicks grabbed the lead in the beginning of the Tuff Truck feature event. Matt Twining has been the dominant truck at Waynesfield this season and tonight would be no different. Twining was able to work past Hicks and move on to score another win at the high bank dirt oval. Hicks held on to finish 2nd and Tim Dick finished 3rd.

Waynesfield Raceway Park will not be racing on July 18th. The next racing program will be held Saturday Night July 25th. This program will feature non-wing 410 sprint cars, 600cc mini-sprints, tuff trucks, and compacts.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield(Ohio) results 7/10/09